Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert Appreciation

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
After yesterday, I praise him for his...

Resilience: to overcome personal tragedy and tough patches on the pitch to return to the form he's in at the moment.

Adaptability: to play in a formation that I'm not sure overly suits him (seems that Bissouma got on his way quite a bit in the first half) and to adjust his game to Premier League opposition. The quality of his deliveries yesterday was phenomenal and if Duffy could learn how to head a ball from a corner he'd have had about 4 assists.

Passion: that goal celebration. He bloody loves the Albion.

Love you Knocky. :albion2:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Here here. Also well done to CH and of course the club in general for sticking by him. We're all winners here.

My only criticism is that he doesn't get as much freedom to put his head down and cut inside and take on some long range shots. Was a majestic sight in the championship watching him do that.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A great player and representative for the club. I love how when he looses his place in the side he battles his way back and shows us what we have been missing, obviously a greater level of consistency would help keep that place

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My only criticism is that he doesn't get as much freedom to put his head down and cut inside and take on some long range shots. Was a majestic sight in the championship watching him do that.
I agree. Izquierdo did it yesterday and it cannoned out for a throw in, so what's the worst that could happen Anthony? :lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Some of his dribbling yesterday was as good as I’ve seen from him, and he was also very good against Leicester getting the assist for Pröpper, very nearly scoring himself and being the playmaker in the build up to Murray’s first sitter. It would be wonderful for us, the club and most importantly for Anthony himself if he’s battled his demons and is now showing he is a top level player.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Knocky had entered a dark tunnel in his life, and now has come out the other side a more confident person, in himself and to those who surround him.
Proof positive that things do work out in the end.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
After yesterday, I praise him for his...

Resilience: to overcome personal tragedy and tough patches on the pitch to return to the form he's in at the moment.

Adaptability: to play in a formation that I'm not sure overly suits him (seems that Bissouma got on his way quite a bit in the first half) and to adjust his game to Premier League opposition. The quality of his deliveries yesterday was phenomenal and if Duffy could learn how to head a ball from a corner he'd have had about 4 assists.

Passion: that goal celebration. He bloody loves the Albion.

Love you Knocky. :albion2:

I agree with the Knocky appreciation, but also feel it worth pointing out that Mr Duffy IS our second top scorer, with 5 (five) goals.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Much better when putting a shift in rather than moaning at all around.
Agree with the longer range efforts as well, would be nice to see a couple now and again.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think he has haert on his sleeve and that has not always been his best friend, when it goes well he is brilliant when it goes to the darkside it really is not good to watch. Personally think he is still well in credit and found it strange people were writing him off. One of the few game changers in the squad when he is on fire e.g. we nearly beat spurs in last 10 minutes purely down to him.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
On his day the most creative player in the squad. His cross for Andone was exquisite on Saturday, his finish against Bournemouth in the Cup was too. Would love it if he became a first team regular again as I love his passion, quality and hard work. Just needs to deliver more consistently.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He had a tough and indifferent season last year. This year my only criticism was a couple of visible strops / sulks. He’s been terrific this year and hopefully this myth that he’s only good enough for the championship will evaporate if people start watching the football a bit more closely...!

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I love Anthony, he is my favourite, I love his passion (although not his strops). He has had a hard time with his mental health but he seems to have come out of the other side now.

I have thought though since we were promoted he has tried a little too hard trying to go around too many defenders (who are obviously of a higher standard than the championship players) and has ended up losing the ball but the last few outings he seems to have corrected this and will pass the ball earlier before he gets caught. I love the way he never gives up and will scurry back to help the defenders although I don't think defending is his strong point. I'm so glad he has been given another chance and hope he takes it with both hands and establish himself in the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here