Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Winners?

What do you think/want

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So why is being anti-scouse the same as being neo-racist? Seems our Merseyside cousins have taken on a whole new status......
Well, if you can't see the difference between a football team and a large metropolitan geographical area with it's own unique dialect and culture, I can't help you.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
This post is simply chock full of bias.

1. Liverpool's recent net spend is absolutely stratospheric. Massive.
2. Are you really suggesting that Manchester City, are NOT 'one of our historic clubs'?
3. Liverpool do have some 'good fans'. And some horrible, and some embarrassing ones - like every club. And millions upon millions of irritating armchair ('huge') fans.
4. Do they **** DESERVE a title. If they win it they'll deserve it - like everyone else.

Was going to say the same. Were Liverpool big spenders back in the 70/80's??

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't really want either of them to win it, but I'll go Man City when pushed.

Its easier for them too. Liverpool have just had two of the biggest derbies in the game back to back, away at United and then at Everton. Who really cares about Man City though :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well, if you can't see the difference between a football team and a large metropolitan geographical area with it's own unique dialect and culture, I can't help you.

Unique dialect and culture without doubt. But if I don’ t like it, in your eyes I am a neo-racist? Get over yourself.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
City all the way for me . Sod the bleeding scouse gits .

I started off wanting Liverpool to do it earlier in the season, but their fans are getting on my nerves now.

Anyway, bigger things on the more imminent horizon! How do you see this Saturday going?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well..... that poll was fairly predictable!
From my totally biased perspective I want the Redmen to win it.
That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the way city play under a great manager. My problem with City is the same as chekski, PSG, and a few other clubs who literally have bought success. It’s like any skill, if you are able to do something yourself and look back in pride of what you have achieved it’s wirth a million times more than paying someone else to do it for you.
It’s not bad, just different.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Really don't want Liverpool to win the league, (1) because I work with some Liverpool fans and they'll be absolutely unbearable and (2) nobody wants to see Wil E Coyote catch the Roadrunner.

I think Man City will win it TBH, they look like a machine and I can't see anyone stopping them until we beat them on the last day of the season (they'll have it won by then anyway).

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the way city play under a great manager. My problem with City is the same as chekski, PSG, and a few other clubs who literally have bought success. It’s like any skill, if you are able to do something yourself and look back in pride of what you have achieved it’s wirth a million times more than paying someone else to do it for you.

So Liverpool didn’t actually pay a world record transfer fee for a defender of £75 million for Virgil then?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unique dialect and culture without doubt. But if I don’ t like it, in your eyes I am a neo-racist? Get over yourself.

Ah - using 'neo-racist' now rather than racist. Well, that's an improvement - there is a difference. I'm fine thanks, by the way, and have nothing to 'get over'. Have a nice day!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I hate City for the same reasons I hate Chelsea. They have bought themselves to where they are today.

Want Liverpool to win as they are one of our historic clubs, with good fans, and deserve a league title.

...but I think City will do it, I hate them but they are quality.

I'm the same. I'm surprised anyone could want City to win it aside from City fans. Just from a moral standpoint. But I think they will - they just seem to have that bit extra when they have a tough game.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ah - using 'neo-racist' now rather than racist. Well, that's an improvement - there is a difference. I'm fine thanks, by the way, and have nothing to 'get over'. Have a nice day!

:lol: Owned and flounced, cheerio :wave:

Usually get on with you OK, oh well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Earlier in the season I wanted Liverpool to win, as I don't like any team dominating the league. But then their fans have reminded me just how ****ing insufferable they are, so I'd like City to win it again please.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hell yeah! All hail Klopp and his tight knit squad of home-grown Scouse lads!

Alisson £67m
Keita £54m
Shaqiri £12m
Salah £40m
Fabinho £40m
Van Dijk £75m
Oxlade-Chamberlain £34m
Mané £34m
Firmino £29m
Robertson £8m
Henderson £18m
Lovren £20m
Wijnaldum £23m

Oh.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Earlier in the season I wanted Liverpool to win, as I don't like any team dominating the league. But then their fans have reminded me just how ****ing insufferable they are, so I'd like City to win it again please.
As I have a history with Liverpool and loads of mates there, I have consistently wished that they would win the league. I am not bothered about their fans being twattish as we and every club has a fair share, but it was their players and negativity at the Amex which upset me. I thought the penalty was very soft and their time-wasting was poor. For a club that has so many great players and that hopes to win the league, I was not at all impressed. In fact that match incensed me more than any other this season. I still just about want them to win for my mates sakes up there, but if they don't I will laugh at the players and Klopp. Oh yeah, that Scottish defender of theirs shouted at us to '**** off' as well the tosser.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Hell yeah! All hail Klopp and his tight knit squad of home-grown Scouse lads!

Alisson £67m
Keita £54m
Shaqiri £12m
Salah £40m
Fabinho £40m
Van Dijk £75m
Oxlade-Chamberlain £34m
Mané £34m
Firmino £29m
Robertson £8m
Henderson £18m
Lovren £20m
Wijnaldum £23m

Oh.

Just for your information.... plus LFC currently have 7 home grown players in their first team squad compared to city’s 4. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.....

3FD98C84-2A0A-4F0E-AE81-4B292B480281.png

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised only 13% of people think Liverpool are going to win the title given there's only a point in it.

I still think Man City are the best team to watch and set the benchmark for the rest. I think a lot of people look on City favourable partly because they are not c*nts like Chelsea and Man Utd.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Man City. I can't bear reading/watching the football media if Liverpool won...never hear the end of it, like we never hear the end of how many flippin' European Cups they've won.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just for your information.... plus LFC currently have 7 home grown players in their first team squad compared to city’s 4. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.....

View attachment 105255

Tedious whataboutery that the rest of don't care about. The bin dippers have been among the biggest spenders in English football for 50 years FFS. Yes, right now they're not spending quite as much as Citeh but so what? They have still spent a fortune down the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here