Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] 'Storm' Freya - What a load of bloody nonsense

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I hate the way we've named the weather and made it news.

It's a bit windy and I'll probably put the recycling out tomorrow instead of tonight. It's not exactly Nelson Mandela being released is it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's easy for you to say from the safety of Cornwall. I got stuck in Rosyth by the beast from the East. I can assure you is was a thing!

I'd hardly call the west country 'safety'. They get it first and worse than anyone in these (southern) neck of the woods, highest rain count per year?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I hate the way we've named the weather and made it news.

It's a bit windy and I'll probably put the recycling out tomorrow instead of tonight. It's not exactly Nelson Mandela being released is it?

I've lost the lid off my dustbin in EP, I couldn't find it. I believe I am now in hurricane conditions. I'll be calling Direct Line about insurance first thing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've lost the lid off my dustbin in EP, I couldn't find it. I believe I am now in hurricane conditions. I'll be calling Direct Line about insurance first thing.

I've got a Foreign carrier bag in the tree in my garden.

#disgrace #stormfreya #toomuchplastic #savetheplanet

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Little breezy with a spot or two of rain so far on the NE coast , had stronger wet n windy weather after eating too many baked beans

Though I guess it could still get worse over night , just does not look and feel very stormy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brought down tress and powerlines in the poorer parts of the UK (i.e., everywhere outside the South East) plus Cheshire.

Blowing a ******* here in North Ken (a poor-ish part of the UK). Just as the dafs flower. As per usual.

B'stards.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
All done & dusted in RH20, unlike the utterly tragic scenes in Swindon, our Bins have somehow survived.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd hardly call the west country 'safety'. They get it first and worse than anyone in these (southern) neck of the woods, highest rain count per year?

I know. I lived there for two years.

My comment was responding to the belittling of the beast from the East event because it didn’t affect Cornwall.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I've just driven home across Newmarket (probably 4 minutes) and had to avoid one cardboard box blown from the top of a skip and also a run of the mill wheelie bin on its side. It's chaos out there.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I overlook the Thames estuary and I can report some window rattling and my boots (carefully left on the balcony) are wet.

Freya...you bitch, come oooon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here