Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] 'Storm' Freya - What a load of bloody nonsense

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It has blown a bit and rained a bit, which happens all the time at this point of the year, but it hasn't even knocked the blossom off the Almond Tree at Jakarta Towers!

BBC bigging it up however, must be a very quiet newsday...

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Reminds me of a headline in a local paper here in Kent a while ago: 'Apple falls on man's head'.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
It has blown a bit and rained a bit, which happens all the time at this point of the year, but it hasn't even knocked the blossom off the Almond Tree at Jakarta Towers!

typical news coverage, everything is going to be a disaster or totally brilliant, never anything in between.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Can't beat a bit of Americanism in the UK.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mind you, at least they get decent storms in the US, someone farts in this country and it's Storm Bottom Burp.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.

The Met Office got their arse burnt after the Michael Fish incident so now, it's over cautious all the way.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just a sign of the times. Everything, even the bloody weather, had to be an ‘event’. Probably got it’s own webpage and agent too!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I wasn't even aware that there was a storm that was threatening to life. Just seemed to me a bit breezy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just a sign of the times. Everything, even the bloody weather, had to be an ‘event’. Probably got it’s own webpage and agent too!

Covering their backs, as posted, the met can't be blamed for deaths due to weather. Although the met don't do the BBC forecasts any more. Everything is sue-able.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
well having driven 200 miles north from Sussex today - it definitely gets more windy the further north you go

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
To be fair we never get to see the worst of it down in the South East.

What, do you mean like the hurricane in 1987.
Talk about the weather always makes me laugh in this country, beast from the east my arse.
It was supposed to be bad down here in Cornwall and Devon but it really was not as bad as they said.
And they always show pictures of waves crashing at Porthleven, but at high tide the sea is right up to the sea wall and bottom of the cliffs so when a storm hits the waves always dramatically crash up and over everything.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Manic here in Lyme Regis, just seen an empty packet of Monster Munch hurtle past the front room window. Baton down the hatches.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Pathetic that these so called storms need to be named.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
What, do you mean like the hurricane in 1987.
Talk about the weather always makes me laugh in this country, beast from the east my arse.
It was supposed to be bad down here in Cornwall and Devon but it really was not as bad as they said.
And they always show pictures of waves crashing at Porthleven, but at high tide the sea is right up to the sea wall and bottom of the cliffs so when a storm hits the waves always dramatically crash up and over everything.

Yeah, or the promenade at Penzance. Stock photos, not new ones.

Anyone else hate the new design of the Met Office website?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here