Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitrovic in the Summer Window

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Well he did sign Albion's (2nd) most successful striker ever but apart from that.

Yes but Murray was an absolute no brainer. One of Locadia and Andone had to work. Unfortunately, to date, neither has. The club need to sign at least one goalscorer in the summer, perhaps two. It cannot get that wrong again.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Solly March has 5 assists this season.

More twisty turny than outright pace and whacking a quick cross in. That's where the likes of Mitrovic would flourish.

Let's face it, pace is not our forte. Murray, for example, with all of his PAST glories, will struggle next year I feel with another year on the books.

For all of March's input and numerous successful contributions, we're still borderline relegation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More twisty turny than outright pace and whacking a quick cross in. That's where the likes of Mitrovic would flourish.

Let's face it, pace is not our forte. Murray, for example, with all of his PAST glories, will struggle next year I feel with another year on the books.

You forget that once our wingers break and have zipped down the wing there’s no fecker there to cross to because Murray is making his way up the pitch whilst any opposition defenders and midfielders upfield have whizzed past him. The winger meanwhile has to either go on his own or faff about with the ball waiting to cross. If we had a striker that could get there as quickly as the winger he could then out the cross in before the opposition has every player back in place

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I guess there is no point him getting that far forward at pace when Murray is 30 yards further back!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d try and get Joe Allen out of Stoke, lovely player, bags of Premier League experience and still only 29 years old. I’m sure he’d fancy another go in the top flight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Missed that part. What game was that?

Most games until recently. Probably been told to forget it, hoof the ball up the pitch, and hold position as a secondary full back for the last three months

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We need an enigma. It used to be Vicente, then arguably Locadia for a bit.

We need Andy Carroll.

As if the medical team aren't busy ENOUGH!

I say give Chris O'Gravy another shot :lol:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's going to be a very busy and expensive summer for Tony Bloom. We need 5 or 6 new players who can go into the first team and make an impact. Our attack obviously needs to be transformed. Two new goalscorers are required, (Locadia will surely be sold or loaned back to Holland) plus a winger and a number 10. In midfield we need a creative type plus a leader on the pitch, something lacking for most of this season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It's going to be a very busy and expensive summer for Tony Bloom. We need 5 or 6 new players who can go into the first team and make an impact. Our attack obviously needs to be transformed. Two new goalscorers are required, (Locadia will surely be sold or loaned back to Holland) plus a winger and a number 10. In midfield we need a creative type plus a leader on the pitch, something lacking for most of this season.

I would say 3 bang on starting 11 players are required.

Striker, no 10 and a baller in centre mid.

I think the wide men are fine if we can actually get them in the opposition half a bit more rather than playing as additional fullbacks

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I think the wide men are fine if we can actually get them in the opposition half a bit more rather than playing as additional fullbacks

Couldn't disagree more. Have you watched our wingers try to beat the full back, or get a ball in the box?

Knockaert has been our best winger by far, but we need to do much better out wide.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I would say 3 bang on starting 11 players are required.

Striker, no 10 and a baller in centre mid.

I would add a right back to that list. Montoya's performances havent filled me with confidence and Bruno cant possibly last another full season. Like you say the wide men are fine as long as they are given a bit more freedom, and maybe practice their crossing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here