Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitrovic in the Summer Window

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
[First Post on NSC] With the prospect that Murray could be slowly phased out of the starting XI in the future, would Mitrovic be a suitable replacement for Glenn?

Providing that Fulham don't beat the drop, and do go down, is it worth having a punt on Mitrovic? (From what I remember, we were in for him but Newcastle wouldn't sell to us)

Or, do we try and blood in other prospects i.e. Percy Tau, Aaron Connolly etc?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think that would be a good move - but I fear other clubs will have their eye on him as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[First Post on NSC] With the prospect that Murray could be slowly phased out of the starting XI in the future, would Mitrovic be a suitable replacement for Glenn?

Providing that Fulham don't beat the drop, and do go down, is it worth having a punt on Mitrovic? (From what I remember, we were in for him but Newcastle wouldn't sell to us)
I think you'll find he features quite strongly on NSC's summer striker wish list (decent title for a thread, that)!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The likes of Percy Tau and Aaron Connolly are both undoubtadly good prospects, but both are young,and of course neither have any experience at all of thePremier League as yet.

To answer your question, yes I think Aleksandar Mitrovic could prove to be the ideal like for like replacement for Glenn. Both are tall, strong physical centre forwards, good in the air, and at holding the ball up, plus crucially of course, both know where the back of the net is.

The old style number 9 is something of a dying breed these days, and if we were able to bring Mitrovic to the club, it would mean that we wouldn't have to adapt our playing style very much, in order to accomodate him. Something that wouldn't be the case with many modern strikers.

However, I have the feeling that much bigger fish than the Albion will be touting for his signature come the summer. We will have to wait and see.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
The likes of Percy Tau and Aaron Connolly are both undoubtadly good prospects, but both are young,and of course neither have any experience at all of thePremier League as yet.

To answer your question, yes I think Aleksandar Mitrovic could prove to be the ideal like for like replacement for Glenn. Both are tall, strong physical centre forwards, good in the air, and at holding the ball up, plus crucially of course, both know where the back of the net is.

The old style number 9 is something of a dying breed these days, and if we were able to bring Mitrovic to the club, it would mean that we wouldn't have to adapt our playing style very much, in order to accomodate him. Something that wouldn't be the case with many modern strikers.

However, I have the feeling that much bigger fish than the Albion will be touting for his signature come the summer. We will have to wait and see.
Good points on the lack of experience in the Premier League! I hope they come good though, would love another exciting talent come through!

But agree with another poster above, have to secure safety first and then use that to leverage an offer for him! I'm hoping there'll be a lack of interest but highly unlikely!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Although a plethora of threads regarding this, yes definitely a good target.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not expecting a new manger but hopeful of a slight change in tactics to take us a little further up the table next time round.

We did actually get this promise at the start of the current season, and so far, last season is looking better than how we have fared so far in this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here