Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] An alternative XI

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Whilst listening to Radio 5 live they introduced an idea of an alternative premier league XI. Requirement to meet are as follows: All players must come from the 14 non-top six sides & only 1 player from any club.

Any suggestions...

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Pickford

Pereira
Dunk
Lascelles
Bertrand

Neves
Brooks
Doucoure

Zaha
Mitrovic
Anderson

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Heaton
Clyne, Dunk, Maguire, Bertrand
Deulofeu, Neves, Sigurdsson, Felipe Anderson
Batshuayi, Mitrovic

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Without wishing to derail the thread as it’s an interesting one.

I noticed after the most recent round of midweek fixtures only the top six clubs had a positive goal difference whilst the rest had an even or negative. Certainly backs up the view the top six are far too powerful and to the detriment to the competitiveness of the league.

It got me thinking that if you had your pick of all the players outside the top six where would they finish. I still think they’d finish 7th and arguably Man City’s second eleven would be too strong for them.

Derail over.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Without wishing to derail the thread as it’s an interesting one.

I noticed after the most recent round of midweek fixtures only the top six clubs had a positive goal difference whilst the rest had an even or negative. Certainly backs up the view the top six are far too powerful and to the detriment to the competitiveness of the league.

It got me thinking that if you had your pick of all the players outside the top six where would they finish. I still think they’d finish 7th and arguably Man City’s second eleven would be too strong for them.

Derail over.

I disagree to an extent. If you matched up Man City's squad with ours we would probably swap 23/24 players if given the chance but Arsenal and Chelsea certainly have less players who would be an improvement on our squad. Some of the other 14 sides have some very useful players in their squads and I think they could put together a squad that could compete with the top 6, less likely the top 4

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What's all this Zaha nonsense? He'd be banned every other game for simulation and spend the rest of his time crying.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And the worst side from the same rules would be?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here