Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pritchard

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Had to laugh when somebody in Lower West yelled "Fvck off back to Hobbit Town you fvcking hobbit" when he was subbed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Personally , I wouldn’t mind him signing for us on a season loan. He wasn’t great yesterday but I’ve seen him control games. In the right team, he’d be an asset.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Shows glimpses but think we would have got the best out of him at the time. We would have stormed the league with him in 16/17.

Now probably a bit part player and would be looking to offload.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Personally , I wouldn’t mind him signing for us on a season loan. He wasn’t great yesterday but I’ve seen him control games. In the right team, he’d be an asset.

Please no. He’s had an absolutely abysmal effect on Huddersfield’s results since he joined last Jan: I make it that they’ve won only 27 points in 44 Premier League games! Further evidence is that Norwich now seem to be flourishing in his absence.

He seems the sort of player whose negative effect on the team is disguised by the occasional bit of flair (the opposite to someone like Dale Stephens). I think we dodged a bullet the day he didn’t turn up to his medical.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The schadenfreude for the 5-0 home over Norwich was great. He felt they had a better chance of Premier League ambition, and they could offer more money. He proceeded to prance around the pitch - any time he could get out of Stephens' pocket - and achieve the square root of bugger all. His substitution was the cherry on the cake.

But we're past that now. Or at least we really should be.[/QUOTE

Indeed was a great afternoon and one when many Brighton fans really started to believe. However still don't get booing him even back then. Most footballers are mercenaries and they will take the highest offer going. I had no issue with Murray going to Palace either, he ain't a Brighton fan he's merely an employee. If I was a footballer I wouldn't hesitate to leave a club in order to earn more money.
Yeah, but you’d agree that Zaha is a **** though.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He epitomises why Huddersfield are struggling. They have generally bought players that were not good enough for this league ever since they got promoted.

I agree with you 100% on this, but I’m sure you wrote on here that you thought we should sign him when he was doing the deal with Huddersfield last January!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The schadenfreude for the 5-0 home over Norwich was great. He felt they had a better chance of Premier League ambition, and they could offer more money. He proceeded to prance around the pitch - any time he could get out of Stephens' pocket - and achieve the square root of bugger all. His substitution was the cherry on the cake.

But we're past that now. Or at least we really should be.

Speak for yourself.

I also boo whenever you’re talking tripe on the radio.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
When all their players arrived and an amble out onto the pitch - he was one of last ones to go back into dressing room as he picked up a match programme and was busy reading a page or two - can only assume was checking what we said about him in the away team write up!!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Why boo him anyway? He's a professional footballer he will go where the money is. Clearly Norwich offered him more than us who would not take that? He had no affiliation to Brighton so naturally when Norwich offered him more he took it. Always baffles me that football fans can never see that players are just employees they don't (or rarely) are supporters of the club they play for.

I suspect it’s more about the fact it seemed he had already done a deal with us and decided to renege on it. Very ungentlemanly conduct!

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I suspect it’s more about the fact it seemed he had already done a deal with us and decided to renege on it. Very ungentlemanly conduct!

Maybe so but money talks. If Norwich offered say 10k a week more over 4 years course he's gonna take it. Being 'gentlemanly' ain't gonna pay the bills when you retire at 35.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Maybe so but money talks. If Norwich offered say 10k a week more over 4 years course he's gonna take it. Being 'gentlemanly' ain't gonna pay the bills when you retire at 35.

By the same token if you agree a deal and then stiff someone others are likely to be more careful when they deal with you in the future, if they deal with you at all

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here