[Albion] Booing at Half Time

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No no no no no no no no no :wrong:

Can understand the frustration.

Got to get behind the team.

Glad some in the NS started clapping, we joined in loudly.

Need to help the team, support them, not put more pressure on them.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Heard a bit from North Stand but was very quickly drowned out by people telling them to shut up and support your team. Well done.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
No no no no no no no no no :wrong:

Can understand the frustration.

Got to get behind the team.

Glad some in the NS started clapping, we joined in loudly.

Need to help the team, support them, not put more pressure on them.

In a crowd of 30k(Official Attendance) you are bound to get a few ignorant people.
I have some of the "Get it Forward!!" brigade near me.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Booing Mike Dean ,Pritchard the ginger short-arsed tosser and Huddersfield generally for their time wasting I think is far, far more likely. Don't you?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately fans do moan a lot of our new fans only know the success at at the Amex I agree we need to get behind the team and we might be given the Penalties we should have had yesterday.
Dean did get some booing as he left the pitch and I think that he would have been far worse if we had drawn the game.
The relief when we scored was enormous.
Great to see the south stand half full of Brighton Fans .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Booing Mike Dean ,Pritchard the ginger short-arsed tosser and Huddersfield generally for their time wasting I think is far, far more likely. Don't you?

Two months without a league win taking us to within 3 points of the relegation zone, playing like relegation candidates against a team most would expect us to outplay (like we did in the second half) no, I'm not so sure it is 'far, far more likely' that fans were booing a referee who at that point hadn't really done anything controversial, or booing a team at half time for time wasting (something I've never seen before), or booing a player who we had previously only booed when he had the ball.

To be completely honest, my view of our fans is that we've been incredibly tolerant of terrible form. How often does a team go two months without a league win without the atmosphere turning really bad? Yet I've not noticed such toxicity from us. Even the half-time booing yesterday was mild given that two months and the shocking performance first half.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two months without a league win taking us to within 3 points of the relegation zone, playing like relegation candidates against a team most would expect us to outplay (like we did in the second half) no, I'm not so sure it is 'far, far more likely' that fans were booing a referee who at that point hadn't really done anything controversial, or booing a team at half time for time wasting (something I've never seen before), or booing a player who we had previously only booed when he had the ball.

To be completely honest, my view of our fans is that we've been incredibly tolerant of terrible form. How often does a team go two months without a league win without the atmosphere turning really bad? Yet I've not noticed such toxicity from us. Even the half-time booing yesterday was mild given that two months and the shocking performance first half.

Reckon any potential toxicity has had the sting taken out of it to a large extent by being interspersed with Cup wins along the way. Also by the teams below us picking up relatively few points during that period.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I only BOOOOOOOOOOOOOed when that Scottish chap played for us.

I also boooooo when I see the Green kit as it is SHITE

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

SPotus onus!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Reckon any potential toxicity has had the sting taken out of it to a large extent by being interspersed with Cup wins along the way. Also by the teams below us picking up relatively few points during that period.

We’ve actually got 2 more points than Bournemouth over the last 16 games.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove

Completely agree with this post :thumbsup:

To expect our fans not to react with some negativity to our recent form at all is quite frankly naive, theyre not stupid and know the team is trying it's best to be positive but sometimes the players might just need a reality check themselves as yesterdays first half was not even close to top half Championship standards.

That said, the fans did fully get behind the team once they showed they were up for the fight after half-time, not a boo to be heard...apart from for the Shyster not giving us a penalty when warranted.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
dont know who it was aimed at but on channel i was watching inTurkey could be clearly heard. Also the commentaters mentioned during first half crowd were getting at Brighton players

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The first half was shite and lacking; I think fans had every right to let the players know how they felt with a boo at half time. I don’t do it myself but I don’t have an issue with those that did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here