Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Beat Palace & lose to Millwall OR lose to Palace & beat Millwall?

Beat Palace & lose to Millwall OR lose to Palace & beat Millwall?

• Beat Palace and lose to Millwall - want to do the double over those wankers!

Votes: 117 44.5%
  • Lose to Palace and beat Millwall - gimme some Wembley action!

Votes: 146 55.5%

• Total voters

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Irrespective of the opposition the priority is league points. If we had over 35 points today, then the question is more nuanced. Right now a victory at Palace has to be the priority so win at Palace and let Millwall get obliterated at Wembley.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Palace game cancelled due to inappropriate diving conditions, beat Millwall, then beat Palace, then beat Palace again in rescheduled PL game :shrug:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Not expecting to get anything at Palace, but expect us to beat MIllwall. So it's win at Millwall for me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's quite possible Millwall will be trying to emulate our 1983 predicament , i'm more confident of 3 points at Palace than i'm of making the semi finals so i think i'll take the 3 points please Bob .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sad people would place a semi-final, for only the second time, after a petty rivalry.

If Albion lose to Palace there are plenty more opportunities to get points. Lose to Millwall and there may not be another semi-final chance for a while.

Exactly. Incredible that fans on here would give up on a potential Wembley Semi-Final for a league game.

I have seen countless Palace/ Brighton games in 50 years. Wins, draws losses. Ron Challis, Boxing Day, 5 penalties, 0-5, Paul McShane, March 17th, 2-3 chaos, Andone run and more, so much more. Good, bad and ugly.

I have seen one Semi-Final. One Semi-Final that bettered anything in 50 years v Palace. Nerve-tingling, body-shaking, gripping excitement and ultimate euphoria. Never felt anything like it. The prize was everything. The Case goal lifted me to heights never previously imagined. At the final whistle, I sat there numb, stunned. This small club, that I had started supporting in the bottom division was going to play in front of a global tv audience.

We will get relegated from the PL. It is a matter of time. Two, three, four years. It will happen as sure as it will happen to the majority of other clubs. Hopefully, we will bounce back. We will continue to play Palace. We are similar clubs. This game pales into insignificance compared with April 18th 1981. Then we really were doomed. We had no chance. That day we won 3-0. We then won the next three to escape on the last day. That was a critical game. Everything on the line. This isn't.

A Cup Semi Final is different. In years to come, your children, grand-children and great grand-children will scour the record books for achievements. Cup runs. How close did we get. We don't have a Cup pedigree. A lot of clubs smaller than us have better. I don't want us to be a soft touch. We are getting better. We are building towards a significant achievement. Two successive Quarters after two in 116 years. A Quarter-Final v a struggling Championship side. Cmon!! A huge no-brainer.
Sod a horrible, ugly league game at dump Selhurst. Its not that game that will keep us up. Its a home game v Cardiff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Irrespective of the opposition the priority is league points. If we had over 35 points today, then the question is more nuanced. Right now a victory at Palace has to be the priority so win at Palace and let Millwall get obliterated at Wembley.

Except that, with one match in three weeks after Palace, I can't see where the conflict is.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Exactly. Incredible that fans on here would give up on a potential Wembley Semi-Final for a league game.

I have seen countless Palace/ Brighton games in 50 years. Wins, draws losses. Ron Challis, Boxing Day, 5 penalties, 0-5, Paul McShane, March 17th, 2-3 chaos, Andone run and more, so much more. Good, bad and ugly.

I have seen one Semi-Final. One Semi-Final that bettered anything in 50 years v Palace. Nerve-tingling, body-shaking, gripping excitement and ultimate euphoria. Never felt anything like it. The prize was everything. The Case goal lifted me to heights never previously imagined. At the final whistle, I sat there numb, stunned. This small club, that I had started supporting in the bottom division was going to play in front of a global tv audience.

We will get relegated from the PL. It is a matter of time. Two, three, four years. It will happen as sure as it will happen to the majority of other clubs. Hopefully, we will bounce back. We will continue to play Palace. We are similar clubs. This game pales into insignificance compared with April 18th 1981. Then we really were doomed. We had no chance. That day we won 3-0. We then won the next three to escape on the last day. That was a critical game. Everything on the line. This isn't.

A Cup Semi Final is different. In years to come, your children, grand-children and great grand-children will scour the record books for achievements. Cup runs. How close did we get. We don't have a Cup pedigree. A lot of clubs smaller than us have better. I don't want us to be a soft touch. We are getting better. We are building towards a significant achievement. Two successive Quarters after two in 116 years. A Quarter-Final v a struggling Championship side. Cmon!! A huge no-brainer.
Sod a horrible, ugly league game at dump Selhurst. Its not that game that will keep us up. Its a home game v Cardiff.

Agree with this. I'm not generally fussed about the cup but this is an FA cup semi final. We've played Palace so many times over the years and whilst it would be nice to win it's just another game. Are we really that sad that we would prefer to have bragging rights for a few months over the chance of a shot at Wembley?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Love the FA Cup. Hate Palace.

On balance, beat Palace. FAC SF likely to lose anyway.

Perversely, if we do beat Palace, then I think we will go on to beat Millwall. We'll be more confident and more relaxed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beating Millwall and getting to a Wembley FA Cup semi final, and chance of a Cup final, would be so special.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
If we get to the fa cup semi, then we’ll have a HUGE allocation. The whole Amex family will be able to attend. I think that will be lovely.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
had we not beat Huddersfield then the answer would be different. but and fa cup semi final would be nice

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here