Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Beat Palace & lose to Millwall OR lose to Palace & beat Millwall?

Beat Palace & lose to Millwall OR lose to Palace & beat Millwall?

• Beat Palace and lose to Millwall - want to do the double over those wankers!

Votes: 117 44.5%
  • Lose to Palace and beat Millwall - gimme some Wembley action!

Votes: 146 55.5%

• Total voters

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Exactly. Incredible that fans on here would give up on a potential Wembley Semi-Final for a league game.

I have seen countless Palace/ Brighton games in 50 years. Wins, draws losses. Ron Challis, Boxing Day, 5 penalties, 0-5, Paul McShane, March 17th, 2-3 chaos, Andone run and more, so much more. Good, bad and ugly.

I have seen one Semi-Final. One Semi-Final that bettered anything in 50 years v Palace. Nerve-tingling, body-shaking, gripping excitement and ultimate euphoria. Never felt anything like it. The prize was everything. The Case goal lifted me to heights never previously imagined. At the final whistle, I sat there numb, stunned. This small club, that I had started supporting in the bottom division was going to play in front of a global tv audience.

We will get relegated from the PL. It is a matter of time. Two, three, four years. It will happen as sure as it will happen to the majority of other clubs. Hopefully, we will bounce back. We will continue to play Palace. We are similar clubs. This game pales into insignificance compared with April 18th 1981. Then we really were doomed. We had no chance. That day we won 3-0. We then won the next three to escape on the last day. That was a critical game. Everything on the line. This isn't.

A Cup Semi Final is different. In years to come, your children, grand-children and great grand-children will scour the record books for achievements. Cup runs. How close did we get. We don't have a Cup pedigree. A lot of clubs smaller than us have better. I don't want us to be a soft touch. We are getting better. We are building towards a significant achievement. Two successive Quarters after two in 116 years. A Quarter-Final v a struggling Championship side. Cmon!! A huge no-brainer.
Sod a horrible, ugly league game at dump Selhurst. Its not that game that will keep us up. Its a home game v Cardiff.

This. This. And this again.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not voting.

Beat Palace. Beat Millwall. Beat Palace.

Simple.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Beat Millwall for me.

Never seen us in a Semi Final of a decent cup.

incidently

**SAINTS GOT 33,411 TICKETS LAST YEAR**

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Beat Palace. The answer is always beat Palace.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Beat Palace. The answer is always beat Palace.

What did Dr Dre build with the billions he made from his headphones?

Where did Jack Kerouac live?

Where did John, Paul, George and Ringo go to get their MBEs?

What did Brighton already do in December, meaning that whatever the result of this one, an 87th season will have gone by and they will have still failed to do the double over us?

View from the Pier

Feb 27, 2019
With our current form last six games I am much more concerned about Cardiff than Palace or Millwall. 4 pts last six games is relegation form without help from others in the race for 18th

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Interesting that the "beat Palace" crew are split between...

- beat Palace because they are Palace, and
- beat Palace because it's three points

I wonder if the latter group would be going for "beat Millwall" if we were mid-table and safe.

I would be.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Beat Palace and then go on to finish above them in the league with 3 or 4 more wins before the end of the season.

This would be much better and sustain my Albion Mojo at an almost all-time high level for months to come - in comparison to an expensive disappointment at Wembley.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Assuming we beat Millwall who would want Palace in a theoretical semi-final (or even final)? Police certainly wouldn't :lolol:

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I don't get all the beat Palace over everything else...

I know the history as I was there at the time, and I want us to beat them and finish above them but not at any cost. For me I can't see winning against Palace being better than a trip to Wembley for a semi final and maybe a final. The 1983 cup final was one of my highlights replay not as much but I would love for us to be in the final and have that wonderful feeling again but this time winning it! But even being finalists would top beating Palace especially as we have already beaten them this season. How wonderful it would be for us to win the FA Cup.

It would be great if we beat Palace in the league as well as beating Millwall and getting to the semi finals and maybe the final but there is always next year when maybe we don't have such a good cup run.

And wouldn't it be wonderful for the currently players/manager/chairman and all our younger supporters for us to be FA Cup winners.

It is not as though beating Palace is the difference between staying up or going down.

MisterE

Nov 2, 2009
1983 and all that

I don't get all the beat Palace over everything else...

I know the history as I was there at the time, and I want us to beat them and finish above them but not at any cost. For me I can't see winning against Palace being better than a trip to Wembley for a semi final and maybe a final. The 1983 cup final was one of my highlights replay not as much but I would love for us to be in the final and have that wonderful feeling again but this time winning it! But even being finalists would top beating Palace especially as we have already beaten them this season. How wonderful it would be for us to win the FA Cup.

It would be great if we beat Palace in the league as well as beating Millwall and getting to the semi finals and maybe the final but there is always next year when maybe we don't have such a good cup run.

And wouldn't it be wonderful for the currently players/manager/chairman and all our younger supporters for us to be FA Cup winners.

It is not as though beating Palace is the difference between staying up or going down.

I may be wrong but - lets not repeat the 1983 year - cup final and relegation !!!!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Beat Millwall we have a generation that have never seen Albion at Wembley. We will get the points elsewhere

I don’t know about you, but I watched the Albion at Wembley last season.......

Even if you were just referring to prestige matches at Wembley, I feel a bit MEH about the semi-finals being there and don’t think they count, either. It’s a shame that Wembley is over-used for club matches now, diminishing the experience.

I’m still hoping we get to play there three times this season, mind you!

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I may be wrong but - lets not repeat the 1983 year - cup final and relegation !!!!!!

I agree that would be horrendous. I certainly don't want a repeat of that!!!

I still remember the pain of losing in the replay the awful train ride back, and being relegated the same year as if it was yesterday.

But beating Palace and the excitement of being in the cup final for me is a no brainer, Cup final every time! But if the choice was being in the cup final or being relegated then that would be a different matter!

SAC

May 21, 2014
Assuming we beat Millwall who would want Palace in a theoretical semi-final (or even final)? Police certainly wouldn't :lolol:

I think the police would prefer that to Millwall v anyone in the semi-final actually.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I take it that all those people who say that beating Palace is the priority and they're not fussed about the FA Cup won't be applying for tickets for the semi-final or final

Already seen Albion at Wembley last season

Trounce Palace, thrash Millwall, secure safety with games to spare, make it to Wembley after trouncing Palace again, then upset all the odds by a Murray hat trick overcoming the favourites Citeh.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Now our unholy deal has delivered, do the wise men go LARGE on Millwall to banana skin us ?

Nah. Let's win next week as well !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here