Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The main difference between the 1st & 2nd half against Huddersfield

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I agree Andone's pace was instrumental in us looking much more dangerous but the wingers also were given the ball more which meant we had a lot more attacks

NEC-Nijmegen

Jun 5, 2015
Brighton's more straightforward play was noticeable before Andone was brought on, so I wouldn't subscribe it to the latter's substitution. The only difference was that Murray couldn't keep up with the increased tempo and often blew offensive situations, while Andone didn't.

The winger's were much more instrumental to the change in play.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
According to Warren Aspinall Chris would have given them a right "seeing to" at half time.

Unconventional, but it appeared to work.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
First half - nervous did not want to lose , predictable & pedestrian

Second half - playing with more speed and confidence especially when Andone came on and gave more pace to the focal point

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Tempo. Andone. Crowd.

All contributing to each other.

The longer the game went the more we looked like scoring.

Never in doubt.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have no idea why we didn't switch on yesterday. The worrying thing is, if you play like that - for at least 30 minutes - you are diminishing your chances of a win by a third of the game. I couldn't understand it at all. Home against the worst team in the Prem and treating them as if we were playing against Man City away. I really felt uncomfortable about the first half. That feeling that if they get a draw or win, we are really in the shit. And by half time we had no idea what way this game would go.

But I think about things like this, was this CH's instructions or were the players just basically tight and scared about conceding at home in front of the North Stand? Whatever it was, it was like watching Frank Bruno going up against Mike Tyson and seeing the fear in his eyes.

If they weren't playing to CH why were they disregarding him? If they weren't, why was CH playing like that? There is a huge chasm between a supporters view of playing and the professional coach. But we do question the reasons, and have every right to. So... if we were playing a coaches game plan in the first half, why? It was absolute dross. If they weren't playing to instructions then they were quite clearly not doing their jobs.

I think the crowd played a huge part yesterday in their dissatisfaction, not by booing but by an atmosphere of this is not good enough emanating from every corner of the stadium at half time. Why does the manager only pick them up at half time and not from KO? Or conversely, why do the players decide not to perform until they have to? We, once again, it has happened many times this season, have not seen our team perform until the second half. This really needs to be addressed, and I am sure they do behind closed doors, but I for one find it quite baffling how the same team can turn out different performances from one 45 mins to the next. If players can't understand in their full time role during the week what to do at the weekend what is happening?

I'm just confused as to the Jekyll and Hyde that we have become.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I agree Andone's pace was instrumental in us looking much more dangerous but the wingers also were given the ball more which meant we had a lot more attacks

You say these things like they are completely separate. The wingers we worth passing to because they in turn have someone with pace to cross the ball to. It's all connected.

Murray plays better with March and Izzy so, IMO, the whole set up was wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We didn’t have anyone in the Gross role - way too defensive. But we stepped the urgency levels up 2nd half and were much better. I agree OP - we used the wings so much more / better.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We didn’t have anyone in the Gross role - way too defensive. But we stepped the urgency levels up 2nd half and were much better. I agree OP - we used the wings so much more / better.

That is just so not correct. We had no-one in the Gross role in the first half and were therefore crap? We had no-one in the Gross role in the second half and played totally a different game. This is not pinned on one person, quite clearly!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Andone can turn defenders should of had at least one pen, then it’s The Complete And Utter Shyster at the helm. Salah pen at ours was softer than the pull down on Barnardo, think the refs are all corrupt.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
First half we were low on confidence

Half time CH had "a few words" as he would understatedly put it

Oh and second half Andone came on - clearly with a point to prove

Bizarre thing is we played miles better at Leicester and lost - having not taken our chances

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is just so not correct. We had no-one in the Gross role in the first half and were therefore crap? We had no-one in the Gross role in the second half and played totally a different game. This is not pinned on one person, quite clearly!

And you’ve so not read that right...! We upped the urgency levels in the 2nd half. But we didn’t have enough support for the striker all game. I love Hughton but believe he could have played the whole game better. Not pinning it on anything, there were many reasons we were poor first half. Much better second half though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Think Chris gave them a talking too at halftime that created the urgency.
It's an odd tactic, but it worked...

Lookwhotalkin2.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They took off their holding midfielder and went more attacking. From that moment we dominated them.

No they didn't. Hogg went off injured. It was enforced

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Chris Hughton at HT.

attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here