Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] cpfc vs BHAFC

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Palace have the second worst home record this season (only just ahead of Huddersfield) and have scored a paltry 10 goals in 14 games. Irrespective of their away form (which has been amazing) we should be very optimistic. Away win for me in style.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace have the second worst home record this season (only just ahead of Huddersfield) and have scored a paltry 10 goals in 14 games. Irrespective of their away form (which has been amazing) we should be very optimistic. Away win for me in style.

I’m not quietly confident anymore :down:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Forgetting rivalry, the facts are that Palace are the second worst team at home and were the worst team we have seen at the Amex. By there own admission, they have been lucky in their last few games, with them getting the breaks. We have had some very unlucky decisions go against us, plus monkey off back on Saturday, so think at least a draw is on the cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

You're right that their home form is appalling. It's nearly as bad as our away form.

Presumably it will not be one for the purists. A tedious stalemate would be preferable to last season when we decided to abandon defending and join their clown parade.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Just think how bad it would have been if the Fanatics in shining armour hadn’t returned to lift their fortunes.

I assume they’ve been rampant since the seat-evictors bothered to start supporting their club again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A tedious stalemate would be preferable to last season when we decided to abandon defending and join their clown parade.

Given most of our performances up there in recent years, I would bite your hand off for a tedious stalemate :)

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Form goes out of the window . Even though it’s a early kick off the atmosphere will be great and the fanatics are painting banners as we speak !

fp2.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Albion in need of points.

Premier League
Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion @1230pm - there is only one Premier League game in London on Saturday and it's an important one between two huge rivals. Palace notched up another impressive away win at Burnley on Saturday to move eight points clear of the relegation zone. Although still five points short of the magic 38-point mark that usually keeps sides up, you'd think that threshold might be a bit lower this year. However, complacency is a terrible thing and Brighton are a side in need of points. The reverse fixture in December ended in a 3-1 win for the Albion but the Sussex club have only won once at Selhurst Park since 1985 so the smart money would seem to be on Roy Hodgson's side - unsurprisingly it is sold out

http://www.tlfg.uk

I'd love us to win there on Saturday, always a chance :thumbsup:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s gonna be tight as to whether I see the game on the telebox. Maybe second half.

Hopefully we’re still in the game by then!

2-1 to the good guys! :albion2:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Form goes out of the window . Even though it’s a early kick off the atmosphere will be great and the fanatics are painting banners as we speak !

Let's hope they have spellcheck.

I'm all for passion in football, but would be so embarrassed if we had a bunch of dickheads like this attaching themselves to The Albion.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
‘’Tony pays when he wants to’’...that’ll make a good banner ..would apply to a few things ..creditors ..turnstiles ...

You really don't understand this concept do you, an owner spends money on something he owns But being Palace I can understand you not getting it, when you are brought up to believe spending other people's money without their approval is acepptable

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I follow the logic of the general pessimism on this thread - Palace are getting good results, playing at home, Zaha on form, us performing relatively poorly, poor run of results etc.... and I don't make predictions - there are too many variables.

I would just say that the result last Saturday was a massive psychological boost and if our players perform to their potential, it should be a close match, painted banners or no painted banners!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I follow the logic of the general pessimism on this thread - Palace are getting good results, playing at home, Zaha on form, us performing relatively poorly, poor run of results etc.... and I don't make predictions - there are too many variables.

I don't think we have been playing badly though - we've been largely decent but just not converting that into results. I seem to recall a spell earlier in the season when, from what I saw, Palace were playing well and creating chances but also going through a series of poor results.

As it happens, I think Saturday's win was our worst performance for quite a while, but we got the three points which is all that mattered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here