Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Enough. You need treatment, you go OFF.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sick of it.

Unless its a blatant head injury, if you're down and need the physio, then the stretcher comes on IMMEDIATELY, and off you go to the touchline until you have "recovered". I'm fed up to the back teeth with mugs like Huddersfield deliberately breaking up ALL the momentum from the game, time and time and time again, with pathetic made-up "injuries" designed purely to disrupt all flow to the game. It got to truly ridiculous levels this afternoon.

Anyone notice the miraculous LAZARUS recovery of the bloke who happened to roll off the pitch "injured" ? Being down to 10 for a bit seems to be a great healer doesn't it.

Bollocks to it. Physio's do not set FOOT on the pitch unless its a head injury. You need treatment, off you go on a buggy or a stretcher, or a horse, whatever. And the game GOES ON.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sick of it.

Unless its a blatant head injury, if you're down and need the physio, then the stretcher comes on IMMEDIATELY, and off you go to the touchline until you have "recovered". I'm fed up to the back teeth with mugs like Huddersfield deliberately breaking up ALL the momentum from the game, time and time and time again, with pathetic made-up "injuries" designed purely to disrupt all flow to the game. It got to truly ridiculous levels this afternoon.

Anyone notice the miraculous LAZARUS recovery of the bloke who happened to roll off the pitch "injured" ? Being down to 10 for a bit seems to be a great healer doesn't it.

Bollocks to it. Physio's do not set FOOT on the pitch unless its a head injury. You need treatment, off you go on a buggy or a stretcher, or a horse, whatever. And the game GOES ON.

Teammates can give them a piggy back off...I'm with you ..something needs to change

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And then we give the ball back. Why did we? Don’t give back the once and guess what? They stop doing it.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Totally agree; I'm sick of it too.
If it's a head injury, it's potentially dangerous so the player should come off immediately (without stopping the game), go down the tunnel and be inspected by a doctor. And then only return if he gets the all clear.
Think that might stop a few 'injuries'? Not that it would ever happen.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree totally.
May I add that you are not allowed to be told that you are going to be subbed off in 5 minutes so make sure you are as far away as possible so that you can take 10 minutes to get off, strange how they sprint off if they are losing.
It's cheating and it makes my piss boil.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed.

However, for balance, Montoya also went down half-dead and was then sprinting like Usain Bolt a few seconds later.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They tried that. Until either the start of this season or last season the law was that you had to leave the pitch for treatment (except the keeper). The problem is along the way they stopped implementing it and started to allow "brief" (brevity varying from minimal to lots) treatment and then forced players off (even when the brief treatment was enough), which often left people wondering why they bothered making players leave the pitch.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is easy to get out round.

The captain goes into the opposition dressing room at 1:30 before every game and says something along the lines of ....

"Don't believe i've had the pleasure lads, my name's Lewis. Anyway if there are any injuries in the game, we don't intend to kick the ball out for your guys to get treatment. We certainly don't intend to give it back to you if you kick it out. Feel free to do likewise. I'm sure if the ref feels there's a risk to life or health he'll stop the game. May the best team win today, and all the best for the rest of the season".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sick of it.

And you missed Montoya s blatant cheat then?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Simplest way is usually the best way.

Play to the whistle.
Whistle blows, team with the ball when the whistle goes will take a free-kick that must go backwards, after the injury is dealt with.
If one team decides to kick the ball out of play, the opposing team gets a throw and continues play as usual.

Done.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And you missed Montoya s blatant cheat then?

Nope, not at all. It cuts both ways.

But there was ONE team today who made it their mission to fragment the game as much as possible. Its tedious, and it needs to be addressed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The captain goes into the opposition dressing room at 1:30 before every game and says something along the lines of ....

"Don't believe i've had the pleasure lads, my name's Lewis. Anyway if there are any injuries in the game, we don't intend to kick the ball out for your guys to get treatment. We certainly don't intend to give it back to you if you kick it out. Feel free to do likewise. I'm sure if the ref feels there's a risk to life or health he'll stop the game. May the best team win today, and all the best for the rest of the season".

I very much like this sir.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Also substitutions should take place during play to stop a player taking 5 minutes to walk off.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

This should be one of the laws, maybe not the Lewis bit, but if every team was aware of and applied this, it would be a better game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Treat them on the pitch whilst the game goes on, like the do in Rugby.

Player goes down in the middle of the penalty area, then 4 doctors come on to treat him blocking the goal. Could be a new defensive tactic.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also substitutions should take place during play to stop a player taking 5 minutes to walk off.

From next season, a player will have to leave the pitch at the nearest point, rather than by the benches. Rule change.

Of course, all it means is that the player going off when his team is narrowly leading, will make for the centre circle instead of the furthest corner as they do at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here