Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm sure I'll be accused of bashing Bong by default but I thought Bernardo took his chance today. Surely his shirt to lose? Although, I appreciate it was "only" Huddersfield.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Bernardo is far superior to Bong. Time for people on this board to take their Bong spectacles off. Bernado is the future at LB. Hopefully, he can stop getting niggling injuries and play till the end of the season.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Bong is great defensively and still has a role to play...Bernardo adds pace and attacking threat and is also extremely honest for a South American player. Always tries to stay on his feet.

Bernardo.... no. 1
Bong...good defensive deputy

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Well I for one hope that Solly is back next week to put Zaha is his pocket again. Horses for courses and all that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Better player than Bong, it really is as simple as that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bernie inn this team is great.

Andone changes the dynamic of the whole team and in doing so brings out the best in players like Bernie.

That said had Bong put in one 'cross' that Bernado did today, the melts would have melted this place.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bong has stepped up this season, but the bottom line IMO, is that he is simply not as good as Bernardo....

Remains good cover though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think you all know what I'm going to say but Bernado is better in every aspect. He has more pace, can attack, won the ball back on numerous occasions and his positioning is better. Bong might have a strong tackle but is too often out of position. He also stands off a wide player by too much allowing crosses. Oh, and Bernado can head the ball. Bong is where he should be, on the bench.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't suppose it's possible that Bernardo and Bong have different strengths and weaknesses, a bit like Bissouma/Gross, Murray/Andone or March/Knockaert?

Nah! You're right, one is brilliant, the other is crap, just need to decide which is which this week :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bong wasnt supposed to be good enough for this league. he is. Bernardo is better. good for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here