Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rule change for next season

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I, for one, am delighted that VAR is coming in next season. But I really want to see that goal kick needing to leave the penalty area leads to a retake rule changed.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I, for one, am delighted that VAR is coming in next season. But I really want to see that goal kick needing to leave the penalty area leads to a retake rule changed.

It could be used to waste time if removed. Opposition isnt allowed in the box so keeper chips it to a defender in the box who heads it back and then he gets to dither around for even more time before finally booting it up the field.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It could be used to waste time if removed. Opposition isnt allowed in the box so keeper chips it to a defender in the box who heads it back and then he gets to dither around for even more time before finally booting it up the field.

Can’t do that I don’t think. Same with defenders who can’t get down on their knees and head a ball back to the keeper or chip the ball up to a team mate to head back.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I take it you don’t watch any European leagues then if you’re delighted VAR is coming in. They hate it in Germany, France and Italy, it’s been a disaster. Wish they’d totally abandon the idea here.

That’s not at all true. I have a couple of mates who are Dortmund fans and they’ve said it’s improved the quality of refereeing no end. Many agree with them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The goal kick rule is bad, made worse by linesman who aren't concentrating and pull up the keeper when a free kick doesn't leave the area. As demonstrated by Mike Dean and his assistant today.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The one thing I would like to see happen.

if a player goes down injured, especially if the ball has been kicked out for him, then the ref instantly calls on the physio without speaking to the player.

More and more recently players are going down, ball gets kicked out, and they spring to their feet. It's blatant time wasting. Make them leave the pitch and they'll soon stop it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The one thing I would like to see happen.

if a player goes down injured, especially if the ball has been kicked out for him, then the ref instantly calls on the physio without speaking to the player.

More and more recently players are going down, ball gets kicked out, and they spring to their feet. It's blatant time wasting. Make them leave the pitch and they'll soon stop it.

That, or if a player goes down and his team kick the ball out and then he gets up with no treatment then there is no 'moral' obligation for the other team to give the ball back as it just encourages time wasting.

I'm happy with the sportsmanship when it's a genuine injury and the ball is kick out.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
That, or if a player goes down and his team kick the ball out and then he gets up with no treatment then there is no 'moral' obligation for the other team to give the ball back as it just encourages time wasting.

I'm happy with the sportsmanship when it's a genuine injury and the ball is kick out.

If a player goes down holding his head forcing the referee to stop play for a head injury they should have a minimum of 5 minutes head injury assesment done off of the pitch by a doctor while play goes on. This would add to safety of a real head injury and stop these cheats.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Machiavelli. What do you want it changed to?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The goal kick rule is bad, made worse by linesman who aren't concentrating and pull up the keeper when a free kick doesn't leave the area. As demonstrated by Mike Dean and his assistant today.

What's the problem with this, given that the assistant referee correctly applied the laws of the game, as a defensive free kick inside the area must also leave the area

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

If I'm reading this right, you're getting your wish... https://www.skysports.com/football/...among-those-amended-by-international-fa-board

In other changes approved by IFAB, substitutes will have to leave the pitch at the nearest goal line or touchline instead of walking to their technical area in a bid to stop time-wasting.

"Following experiments in different parts of the world, the AGM also approved changes to the Laws of the Game related to a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest boundary line, yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials and the ball not having to leave the penalty area at goal kicks and defending team free-kicks in the penalty area," IFAB said.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This isn't really true from what i've heard.

It is generally. Check out the reaction to it in Spain today.

Sid Lowe talking about why he’s now against it after being pro previously before this season started:

Sorry. Lots of you asking why. Essentially because it has become clumsy, horribly intrusive, time consuming, and still wrong. It sometimes intervenes when unnecessary and not when it is. Clear, obvious errors left; borderline things acted upon. Perhaps protocol needs changing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here