Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbakhsh - best game to date?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Warren Aspinall was on Five Live around 12:45 today talking to Mark Chapman and Alistair Bruce-Ball and he was pretty damning about the Izquierdo, Locadia and Jahanbakhsh signings and their lack of impact given the money spent.

Jahanbakhsh stepped up today, I thought, and showed some real glimpses of quality. Like many around me, I thought Hughton was getting it wrong taking him off and leaving Knockaert on, as the latter had not really threatened in the same way. The sulky Frenchmen then went on to deliver the cross for Andone to score, of course.

Regardless, Jahanbakhsh did enough to suggest he's got something to offer.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
To answer your question - yes, easily. First game he’s lived up to his billing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Completely agreed. Looked much closer to the player we thought we had signed. What I like about him is his directness. Far more likely to be a goal threat than our other wingers as he looks comfortable down the middle.

Not convinced about him defensively though, suspect he could be a liability if played at Palace?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Definitely, the shot apart, still thought he was ordinary in the first half (along with the rest of them).

Second half was excellent for a spell.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Warren Aspinall was on Five Live around 12:45 today talking to Mark Chapman and Alistair Bruce-Ball and he was pretty damning about the Izquierdo, Locadia and Jahanbakhsh signings and their lack of impact given the money spent.

Jahanbakhsh stepped up today, I thought, and showed some real glimpses of quality. Like many around me, I thought Hughton was getting it wrong taking him off and leaving Knockaert on, as the latter had not really threatened in the same way. The sulky Frenchmen then went on to deliver the cross for Andone to score, of course.

Regardless, Jahanbakhsh did enough to suggest he's got something to offer.

I heard that too. I rate Warren's analysis, but he is categorically wrong about Izquierdo (so wrong in fact that I suspect he was expressing frustration over his injury, rather than his form in the second half of last season).

Jahanbakhsh undoubtedly his best game for us. I was very surprised he was taken off instead of Knockaert but, fair play, as that was a delicious cross he put in for the goal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Without a doubt, my man of the match, he looked very good and very dangerous today and fully deserved a goal, cruely denied by the bar.

Did anyone think his shot was going anywhere close until it thumped against the bar?

Seemed to be drifting over in slow-motion, their keeper watching it and then, suddenly, it smashed aghast the bar.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agree with you there, showed some real glimpses of quality. Or glimpses of real quality. Or combinations thereof. Suspect these might become more frequent with increased game time. Provided some moments of genuine entertainment today.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As with others, he has clearly needed time to adjust to the pace and physicality of English football along with the relative indifference of English referees...looks like he's close to sussing it now though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was surprised by the negativity he got after the Derby game.
I thought he did ok then and the same again today.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Did anyone think his shot was going anywhere close until it thumped against the bar?

Seemed to be drifting over in slow-motion, their keeper watching it and then, suddenly, it smashed aghast the bar.

It dropped really quickly at the end. Another foot away and it would have been a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here