Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbakhsh - best game to date?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ali J has been pleasing to watch over his last two starts, both of which we won! A couple of (very) decent shots, and he seems quite good at gliding past people and leaving defenders falling over in his wake! I also feel that, when he does score his first goal, it will be a goodie!

And as I mentioned on the MoTD thread, it was his run on the left wing that pushed Pat VA back to play AK onside for his goal. I agree, he's looking far more dangerous now he's playing regularly. Not fast, but silky.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ali J looks a similar kind of player to Davy P to me......silky skill, great touches, quite unfussy, very good positional sense and a lot of good work goes a bit unnoticed. Not afraid to get stuck in either. Reckon we’re going to see a lot of him.

According to something I saw on Twitter, he also rinsed a Palace fan who was giving him abuse after the game too.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
And as I mentioned on the MoTD thread, it was his run on the left wing that pushed Pat VA back to play AK onside for his goal. I agree, he's looking far more dangerous now he's playing regularly. Not fast, but silky.

Yes - an intelligent footballer - and he speaks good English from what I have heard...……

……… and that is NOT meant as a dig against any of our players whose English is not so hot!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Why doesn't AJ get the same amount of stick as Locadia, so far he's been unproven and also had a similar price tag? Is it the gloves?

A couple of reasons and I like Locadia

1 AJ gets his head done and gets on with it even when not playing well.

2 Didn’t throw his toys out the pram when he didn’t get a game.

3 body language muc more positive

Think both will come good although either way not sure Locadia will be with us mora than another season.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes - an intelligent footballer - and he speaks good English from what I have heard...……

……… and that is NOT meant as a dig against any of our players whose English is not so hot!

Heard him interviewed after the Palarse game, his English is very good. I was surprised at how good it was, quite fluent. 5 years in Dutch football from the age of 19 probably a big help.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here