Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbakhsh - best game to date?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He has a whizzbanger of a foot on him, but not sure he is at his best to always cut inside, which is easily read, from that out-wide position. Working harder now, which is good, and hope he finds that bit of space to produce a belter of a shot or cross.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why does he have Knocky as his profile pic?! Strange kid.
I read on Twatter that he lost a bet so had to have that picture for the day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There was a thread on an article "analysing" our transfer business a while back in which I was quite scathing about him and Locadia.

Since then he has played two games and played very well in both of them. It's true he doesn't have as much pace as I'd hoped but he's got some tricks and a wicked shot. Hopefully one of these screamers is going to go in very soon. I think CH has probably been working on his defensive game and toughened him up a bit, neither of which he would have needed in Holland as much as you do in the Premier League.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He's got a good touch and moves the ball quickly, which I like. He's a clever player and runs into good positions (which are not always seen by his teammates). I think eventually the assists and goals will come.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Improving with every game now he is getting an injury free run in the side , looks much better on the left than Locadia understandably as he is a more recognised wide midfielder & Locadia is a central striker by nature.

I am so looking forward to an Izzy on the left Ali J on the right set up if we ever get the chance for it with Andone down the middle , now that should make some defence shudder :bounce:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Why doesn't AJ get the same amount of stick as Locadia, so far he's been unproven and also had a similar price tag? Is it the gloves?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
He's got a good touch and moves the ball quickly, which I like. He's a clever player and runs into good positions (which are not always seen by his teammates). I think eventually the assists and goals will come.

Agree, he's got an eye for a run, and if we can pick him out the assists/goals will come. Saw it in pre-season against Nantes - the frustration with which both he and Bossuma had from side ways passes, backwards etc, when they had the run, was something I was looking forward to with this season.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
CH has a problem. Now that AK is playing so well on the right, this will further delay AJ's transition to the right. Alireza is a RIGHT winger and his best first touches come from that flank. He is being played out of position. He even switched with AK for a few seconds today but then AK took the position right back. I realize we have a lot of wingers in Locadia, Izzi, AK and Alireza but I don't understand what is the purpose of playing a player out of position and then hoping for some sort of miracle. Maybe for one game Chris play Ali on the right and AK or Locadia on the left, with Andone in the middle? Check out Alireza's success previously.. a 4-3-3 that was offensively minded and quick, not slumberous like Muzza (though I love his game, don't get me wrong). Putting Alireza on the left and pairing him with AK on the right and Muzza in the middle is not going to lead to getting the best out of him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why doesn't AJ get the same amount of stick as Locadia, so far he's been unproven and also had a similar price tag? Is it the gloves?

Because there’s a bit of quality about him. Has excellent ball control, a cracking shot, is improving game by game and looks like he’ll come good if he gets a long spell without injury. Locadia looks a bit clumsy by comparison (although he plays some decent passes) and just hasn’t posed the threat we hoped despite plenty of opportunities.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Because there’s a bit of quality about him. Has excellent ball control, a cracking shot, is improving game by game and looks like he’ll come good if he gets a long spell without injury. Locadia looks a bit clumsy by comparison (although he plays some decent passes) and just hasn’t posed the threat we hoped despite plenty of opportunities.

AK has great balance, glides past opponents. Great shot too. Agree re Locadia, he's stepped up a lot but seems to have levelled out, Reasonable but not what we thought we were getting for £14m. Better value than the Palace front line obviously but still short of what we should be getting for that price tag

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The problem is not the fees but he wages🤔:eek:
I'll judge at the end of the season.
It will Be interesting which team plays against Millwall.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's almost as if he's getting better the more games (in a new league to him) he plays. Funny that...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ali J has been pleasing to watch over his last two starts, both of which we won! A couple of (very) decent shots, and he seems quite good at gliding past people and leaving defenders falling over in his wake! I also feel that, when he does score his first goal, it will be a goodie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here