Propper - 8
Bissouma - 7
Knockaert - 7
A J -8
Murray- 6

Izzy - 7
Andone-7
Kayal- 6

I heard somebody slagging Stephens off after the match, saying he should have come off for Kayal...I had to put him straight. Today in the first half it was difficult to play anything forward with the limited movement we had there

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ryan 7
Montoya 7
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bernardo 8
Knockaert 7
Bissouma 7
Stephens 3
Propper: 7
Ali J 8
Murray 4

Subs:

Andone 9
Izquierdo 7
Kayal 5

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 7
Montoya 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 7
Bernardo 7
Bissouma 7 (Kayal 85min, 5)
Stephens 7
Propper 7
Knockaert 6
Murray 6 (Andone 57min, 7)
Jahanbakhsh 7 (Izquierdo 78min, 6)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some very high scores for what was in the main a very poor performance.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Some very high scores for what was in the main a very poor performance.

Agree to a certain extent, but without a win since Dec 29th in the league pressure was building.

A much needed solid performance albeit against an equally poor Huddersfield side, still a monumental 3 points for us.

So that's is why I scored a lot of 7's, Jahanbakhsh showed something at last, and the goal from Andone was absolute quality.

Overall not a pretty watch but we did enough when it was needed.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Typical of most supporters, If we win we are good and lose we are crap. The high marks are unbelievable. The first half was the worst I had seen since in premier. 2nd a bit better but we were playing a side that offered nothing, We had clean sheet so fair enough to mark up defenders but overall going forward we were very poor against worst side in division. What on earth were we doing playing long balls to Murray. If was to his feet no other player near him and if over the top no chance of getting it. To me its between us and Cardiff because all other teams near us look far better. Biggest game of season will be Cardiff at home

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan - 7 - Solid, kept a clean sheet and never really looked like being beaten
Montoya - 6 - Worries me a little defensively, but decent enough
Duffy - 7.5 - Back to his usual brick wall
Dunk - 7.5 - Best to his usual classy defending
Bernardo - 7.5 - Good going forward, good going back. Should start from now on
Stephens - 8 - Tidy, Kept possession very well and absolutely bossed the midfield - MoM
Bissouma - 7 - Great energy and got forward well. Drives the team forward when he picks the ball up but still makes poor final ball decisions
Propper - 7 - One of his quieter games but still pulled strings
Jahanbakhsh - 8 - Best performance in an Albion shirt
Knoackaert - 8 - Looked hungry and put in a lovely ball for the cross
Murray - 6 - Did his job well but didn't look like scoring

Subs:
Andone - 8 - All over the pitch, looked sharp, and hungry. Reminds me of a hornet
Izquierdo - 7 - Seemed back to close to his mercurial best
Kayal - 6.5 - As usual, did exactly what was expected of him

Decent performance overall. Not much different in terms of quality as the Burnley, Watford, Leicester games in as much as we were decent if not spectacular. The substitutions changed it and gave us a glimpse of where we might have been had Jahanbakhsh. Izquierdo, Knockaert been available / in form for the full season. Pace and width is a massive boost for us and should see us safe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - 6 - Looked nervous, couple of fumbles (unusual for him). Distribution a bit off too.
Montoya - 6.5 - Solid enough, couple of excellent tackles
Duffy - 8 - won everything in the air, playing hear his best
Dunk - 7 - solid
Bernardo - 7.5 - Very good performance, supports attack well too
Stephens - 8 - One of his best games for ages
Bissouma - 7 - Love his drive - always looking to burst out of midfield, player we have that is most likely to make a top 4 club in time
Propper - 7.5 - becoming the heartbeat of the team
Jahanbakhsh - 8 - Best performance in an Albion shirt
Knoackaert - 7.5 - desperate to do well, great cross for the goal. Decision making a bit suspect at times as always
Murray - 5 - Looked well off the pace but was so isolated in the first half by the way we played

Subs:
Andone - 8 - Love the bloke, heart on sleeve and defender's nightmare. Would like him to start
Izquierdo - 7 - Missed him - could be crucial in the run-in
Kayal - 6.5 - Mr Reliable, great guy to have a midfield cover

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Everyone is just scoring the second half I take it?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan - 6.5 - Not an awful lot to do. Spilled one, but a decent tip over.
Montoya - 6.5 - Not at his best, did okay.
Duffy - 7.5 - Our best defender all season. Beast.
Dunk - 6.5 - Not at his best form recently, lost a header to Pritchard.
Bernardo - 8 - We've missed him. So much better than Bong.
Knockaert - 7.5 - Offers much more attacking threat than March. His assist showed why he should be ahead of him.
Bissouma - 7 - Takes the ball forward. So refreshing.
Stephens - 7.5 - Some quality passes and break up play. Only an idiot would think he had a bad game.
Propper - 7 - Such talent. He's our best player but was slightly restricted Saturday.
Ali J - 7.5 - Best game by far. Would like to see his final ball improve but that will come with confidence.
Murray - 5 - Hard to blame him, but was a large part of why the ball didn't go forwards in 1st half. He doesn't move.

Subs
Andone - 8 - Changed the game. Great header.
Izquirerdo - 6.5 - great to have him back, very rusty.
Kayal - N/A

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No idea what game you guys who gave Stephens good scores were watching. He had an extremely poor game. Constantly passing backwards or sideways when forward options available, very poor passing on a number of occasions including straight to an opponent, and a complete failure to control the ball three or four times. When I do my scores I'll probably give him a generous 4. Our worst player today by a country mile.

That's what I saw too; was so surprised at his scores in early posts I had to check the date of the OP as I thought it must have been another game!

He gave the ball away when not under pressure and his outstanding ability to slow play down is a constant source of frustration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here