Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion vs Huddersfield (H) Player Ratings

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Ryan 8 - dealt with everything and save just after Andone‘s goal was excellent

Bernardo 8 - we love Bernardo in our little cluster, great defensively and offers a lot more than Bong going forward, also stays on his feet if at all possible. He might win more by going down but I love his honesty and desire

Dunk 7 - solid and enjoyed his couple of forays forward but in my opinion second to Duffy all season. Could have done better with headers from corners/set pieces (attacking)

Duffy 7 - Huddersfield were poor so not many opportunities to stand out but had his usual commanding performance.

Montoya 6.5 - can’t get my head around Montoya. Always seems to have promise but not as technically gifted as you would expect from a Catalan player. Had space on a couple of occasions but failed to make the most of it.

Stephens 7 - he gets shit from the crowd every time he fails to pass forward but there has to be someone to pass too! Excellent defensively and put a couple of great forward passes in when possible

Propper 9 MOM - love Davey, love him! His calmness under pressure, vision, touch and positioning are the best in our midfield. Best midfielder today by far.

Bissouma 6.5 - had a feeling today would be his day but was relatively quiet overall.

Knockeart 7.5 - great cross for the goal, couple of moments when there was end product to the eye-catching runs. Just wish he would grow up a bit. Hate it when he waves his arms about when things don’t go his way.

Jahanbaksh 8.5 - best performance I can remember, hit bar and forced a great save. Best threat before Izzy and Andone came on.

Murray 5.5 - not a great day. Seemed to have feet of lead today. Nothing stuck and wasted opportunities early in the second half.

Subs

Andone 8 - lively, held up well, created space, great headed goal. Would have been MOM contender with 90mins

Izzy 7.5 - actually think he made the biggest difference once he came on. Scares the shit out of defenders and looked graceful and confident today. Key man for the run in.

Kayal N/A - not long enough to judge.

Manager 8.5 - he was giving the team s*#t from the sidelines in first half, got the team going in the second half, early sub of Andone when it was clearly not Murray’s day.

I’m biased though...I love Chris...like proper love [emoji4]

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Doesn't matter how well Stephens can play, some seem to have a score cap of 6 for him.

He was outstanding today. My MOTM.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Lovely to see good scores for Dale. Especially bearing in mind he’s been written off as crap. Can concentrate on his DM game in a true CM three.

No idea what game you guys who gave Stephens good scores were watching. He had an extremely poor game. Constantly passing backwards or sideways when forward options available, very poor passing on a number of occasions including straight to an opponent, and a complete failure to control the ball three or four times. When I do my scores I'll probably give him a generous 4. Our worst player today by a country mile.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 - decent. Made a couple of decent saves and recovered well from his only near mistake
Montoya 6.5 - average, but not particularly in a bad way. Defended well
Duffy 7.5 - defended well but was his usual self with the ball at feel
Dunk 7.5 - defended well and came out with the ball well in the second half
Bernardo 8 - excellent and a real outlet going forward, one shanked cross aside. He needs to be starting every game he’s fit for
Knockaert 7 - a mixed bag but he comes out in credit after a beautiful assist. His set piece deliveries were very good too, although he wasn’t that great from open play aside from the assist
Bissouma 7.5 - an absolute difference maker in that midfield, particularly when he was surrounded by more pace. His decision making still isn’t perfect but he got us up the pitch well on countless occasions
Stephens 6.5 - lurched from excellent to awful and often suffered more than anyone else because of the rigidity of our system. But he grew into the game as the pivot
Propper 7.5 - just a beautiful midfielder to watch. Dominated his area of the pitch, particularly in the second half.
Ali J 7 - much improved and unlucky with his dipping effort. Did most of his good work in the wrong areas though. It’s good to see he’s finally looking strong enough for this league as he seems surprisingly slow for a player in his position
Murray 3 - it’s becoming a struggle to watch him at the moment. Slowed down our play, lost the ball regularly, was poor in and around the area and showed a real lack of awareness at times

Subs
Andone 8.5 - he just needs to start regularly. He brings the best out of the others.
Kayal 6 - decent without having time to do anything spectacular
Izquierdo 7 - worried them from the moment he came on. Kept it simple whilst threatening, although he’s marked down for his awful effort that went out of play on the opposite side

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No idea what game you guys who gave Stephens good scores were watching. He had an extremely poor game. Constantly passing backwards or sideways when forward options available, very poor passing on a number of occasions including straight to an opponent, and a complete failure to control the ball three or four times. When I do my scores I'll probably give him a generous 4. Our worst player today by a country mile.

I wasn’t there, simply pleased people rated DS highly, as he’s a quality ‘sitter’ doing the unsung CM work.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

For me he really struggled in the first half when the players around him were so static. He got a lot of heckling from some in the NS for not going forward enough but on each occasion the heckling happened, the rest of the players were marked and not trying to find space. There’s not a ton the guy can do in that situation.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wow Stephens best game ?

He almost cost us a goal in the first half. He was average.

Bernado on the other hand was brilliant.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018

I couldn't agree more, I thought he was very poor.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Difficult to score given the quality of the opposition and the fact you could say we played down to their level.

Bernardo, Stephens, AJ all played really well, Propper was quality and my MoM, Andone did everything you'd want.

Izzy looked rusty/slow, but glad he's back. A clean sheet is a big boost too. Overall a 7/10, clean sheet and 3 points.

Have some people discovered Sean Dyche reads NSC and are engaging in a psy-op to get him to offer us 10 mill again. If so great work

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ryan 9 - what the actual **** did he do wrong?
Montoya 8
Duffy 8
Dunk 7
Bernardo 7.5 edited - he was better than I first recalled
Knockaert 9 made the goal FFS
Bissouma 8 looks like a real find
Stephens 6 too many errors and slowness first 55 minutes
Propper: 8
Ali J 9 Loads of clever passes, plus some determined runs. Looking like he'll bring us something special.
Murray 6 - didn't get much ball but was a bit slow(er than usual) today

Subs:

Andone 8 - must startnext game
Izquierdo 7
Kayal 7

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan 5
Montoya 5
Duffy 6
Dunk 5
Bernado 5
Stephens 6
Propper 5
Bissouma 5
Knockaert 5
Ali 6
Murray 4
Andone 7
Izzy 5
Kayal 5

5=average

A very average performance

Some other posts suggest a good game. It wasn’t

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan 7 Couple of saves, slightly dodgy handling once but recovered the situation. Not difficult, but not the most comfortable afternoon either.
Montoya 6 A few good runs forward, but he doesn't seem to fully understand the role he's being asked to do. Neither attacking nor ultra-defensive.
Duffy 7 Solid, but with some trademark hospital passes when his focus drops. Not as much of a threat in their penalty area as he should be.
Dunk 7 Sprayed a couple of magnificent passes around but generally, untroubled.
Bernardo 8 Everything Bong isn't, with all the defensive solidity. No reason for Bong to play again whilst Bernardo is fit.
Bissouma 6 His usual defensive work rate but I think Kayal would have been better from the start, he does more going forward.
Stephens 7 Slows the game down at times, plays magnificent passes at others. Keeps our shape and screens the defence better than people see.
Pröpper 8 Crazy that some people STILL don't see his quality. He is class all over the pitch.
Knockaert 7 Some good runs against Championship standard defenders and an assist with a cross from the left. Should always be on the left.
Murray 4 Service to him was crap, but so was he. Took an age to get a shot off when played through.
Jahanbakhsh 8 Wasted on the left wing, daft to play him there. He's a fantastic footballer but he should be wide right, that's his clear strength.

Subs
Andone 8 Not his usual all action self but put in a good shift, was a real and present danger. Has to start at Palace.
Izquierdo 5 Glad to see him back because him starting is the most likely chance for Jahanbakhsh to play on the right.
Kayal 7 He is a 4-3-3 player all day long. All energy and drive from midfield, which we lacked. The man is better than he's given credit for being.

A frustrating game because of our lack of tactics and no interest/ability to change it. When playing against the worst team in the league, don't hide on the edge of your area. When you're playing against lump defenders, don't let them have the ball under no pressure. Put them under, and they crumble like children. We didn't try and exploit their weaknesses and we relied on their tame finishing to keep a clean sheet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 7 did all that was expected of him very well
Montoya 6.5 Very composed
Duffy 9 A man mountain in defence and difficult to mark for set pieces.
Dunk 6 OK but doesnt win enough high balls for a man 6ft 4in tall.
Bernardo 8 Good in both defence and attack and I am a Bong man.
Jahakanbahsh 7 His best performance to date just waiting for a goal.
Stephens 7.5 Typical Stephens performance that we need.
Propper 7.5 Just oozes class in all that he does.
Bissouma 6 Shows great promises and with many good points like his ability to win the ball back but then it all falls flat on his decision making.
Knockaert 6.5 Some good glimpses of his ability but not enough over the whole game.
Murray 5 seems to be struggling with his first touch and shooting.
Subs
Andone 8 Did what was expected of him and deserves to start at CPFC.
Izyquierdo 6 not on for long but made a couple of characteristic runs,
Kayal n/a Time consuming sub .

CH 8 He got it right and at half time must have advised them correctly

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jahanbakhsh 8 Wasted on the left wing, daft to play him there. He's a fantastic footballer but he should be wide right, that's his clear strength.

I’m intrigued by this proclamation, about his ‘clear’ strength.

He’s only played on the left (and briefly at number ten) for us, he played on the left at the World Cup, and nearly all the goals on his YouTube highlights reels, suggest that he played mostly on the left in Holland.

When have you identified this clear strength?

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Ryan - 7
Montoya - 6
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 7
Bernardo - 8
Stephens - 7
Propper - 7
Bissouma - 7
Knockaret - 7
Murray - 4
Ali J - 7

Andone - 9
Izquierdo - 7
Kayal - 7

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ryan: 7 Stepped up when needed including as part of the goal celebration.
Montoya: 5 Not an attacking threat against the worst team in the league at home. Problem.
Duffy: 8 Better than Dunk (again)
Dunk: 7 Did nothing wrong.
Bernardo 6 Not enough attacking intent. Not close to his best.
Knockaert: 7 Reasonable - perfect assist.
Bissouma: 6 Huffed and puffed but no match changing moments.
Stephens: 5 Can’t see a forward pass (except once), slowed us down time and time again and gave the ball away in a dangerous position.
Pröpper: 6 The best of a midfield 3 that did not really gel.
Al Jahanbakhsh: 8 MOTM I thought we’d have to wait for his second season for this form.
Murray: 4 He could do nothing right. One of those days.
Subs:

Andone: 8 Great finish. A constant problem for Huddersfield’s defence when introduced.
Izquierdo: 6 Will we see last season’s form any time soon? Not on this showing.
Kayal: 6 Did what was asked.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Another game of two halves. We were shocking in the first half (one of the poorest and most boring 45 mins of football I can recall), but quite a bit better in the second half. Even then we did little to show that we're really good enough for this league.

Ryan 7. Dealt with a couple of decent shots. Kicking needs work.
Montoya 6. Clearly the guy has talent, but I am still not convinced he's the long term replacement for Bruno.
Dunk 6. Not his best game. Some poor cross-field passes and outjumped too often, once by Pritchard!!
Duffy 8. Played well.
Bernardo 7. Good to see him back. A classy player and a good performance.
Stephens 4. Our weak link today … again. Far too many backward and sideways passes when forward options WERE available. Ball control poor. Mixed with some flashes of good stuff in the second half.
Bissouma 7. Good to see him start. Brings much needed energy to midfield. However some decision making not the best. Needs more starts.
Propper 8 Class.
Knockaert 8. Mostly good stuff from him today including great pass for the goal.
Jahanbaksh 8. Best from him so far. I think there's a classy player in there. Needs more starts.
Murray 5. Not at his best today but very isolated in the first half.

Subs:
Andone 8. Great goal. Played well. Needs to start against Palace.
Izquierdo 6. Good to see him back. but clearly needs more minutes on the pitch.
Kayal 7. Did what was asked of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here