Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why were Huddersfield playing for a draw?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A draw was no good to them they must have hoped to get a goal on the break as we push forward for a must win.
But I still don't get it either because they needed to win to stand any slim chance, they may as well just gone for it knowing that we are out of form.
I think they got it wrong but hindsight and all that.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The time wasting and deep tactics definitely indicated they were happy with a 0-0. I expected them to come out with nothing to lose so found their approach surprising.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
They were trying to park the bus for 75-80mins then nick a late goal, as per their last win. Can't blame them as we also know how tough it can be to win a game in this division!

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
They were doing their best to win but looked like they were playing for a draw thats how bad they are

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If it wasn’t for a (routine) tip over by Ryan they might have got what they came for.

Good to see a few of their “names” in a struggling side

one i dont understand with teams in relegation trouble - once you go 1 down and your goal difference is already shite - why not get the goalie to join in for free kicks etc or even better just put the goalie up front :) seriously though i saw their goalie come up towards the end but he should have stayed there. i know this isnt schoolboy football but what the heck..

Anyone aware of any proffessional team do that?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They were here for a draw otherwise they would not have wasted so much time, their keeper went into one big time when we scored.

They played like players doomed

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don’t get it.

Which is part of why they are going down. Been to resigned to it for a very long time now. But odd as you say. Certainly made it harder for us to break them down as a result.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought they played our game and style of football

You can see why they have struggled, when they do get the ball, the creativity is not there.

Regarding the time wasting, I saw Montoya get shot from the stands in the second half, and it was touch and go that he would survive..the complete and utter shyster( who misses basic penalties) waved play on..and Lo, he rose from his deathbed, to sprint like Ussian ****ing Bolt down the wing.

The town centre forward falling over having being shot from the same sniper, again makes a Lazarus recovery.

Modern football is full of blatant cheats!

I am not sure they were time wasting, they were just a poor side with no real idea how to break us down...in fact you could have said thta about us as at times we were really clueless.

Fantastic 3 points though all the same.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

You can see why they have struggled, when they do get the ball, the creativity is not there.

Regarding the time wasting, I saw Montoya get shot from the stands in the second half, and it was touch and go that he would survive..the complete and utter shyster( who misses basic penalties) waved play on..and Lo, he rose from his deathbed, to sprint like Ussian ****ing Bolt down the wing.

The town centre forward falling over having being shot from the same sniper, again makes a Lazarus recovery.

I am not sure they were time wasting, they were just a poor side with no real idea how to break us down...in fact you could have said thta about us as at times we were really clueless.

Fair comments

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
They were happy with draw until 80 and then try and nick it. Going by our performance in the first half, we were going for the draw as well.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To repeat what they did against Wolves I'd imagine.

I think you're right. They weren't just playing for a draw -- they were mixed in what they did. They didn't sit back in the first half, and made positive early substitutions. That's the upside, the downside was the time wasting, especially with goal kicks and feigning injury.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

They were definitely time wasting.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
one i dont understand with teams in relegation trouble - once you go 1 down and your goal difference is already shite - why not get the goalie to join in for free kicks etc or even better just put the goalie up front :) seriously though i saw their goalie come up towards the end but he should have stayed there. i know this isnt schoolboy football but what the heck..

Anyone aware of any proffessional team do that?

How about taking of the goalie and putting on another forward instead? He can still wear the goalie jersey and do his best when the other team are pressing. No-one will ever do it, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here