Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Free Solo on TV this week

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Watched this and yes very good. Yosemite looks amazing.

I hope The North Face and Patagonia contributed to costs. Lots of product placement there

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Watched this and yes very good. Yosemite looks amazing.

I hope The North Face and Patagonia contributed to costs. Lots of product placement there

Sponsorship is the massive majority earner for climbers. The sponsors will have paid for a HUGE percentage of the cost of the film.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For those that don't have National Geographic, Free Solo will be on Channel 4 on Thursday at 9pm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nicely done, an excellent heads up.

I watched this film AGOG. Never seen anything like it, and my brain will never let me understand the mindset of someone who does this. My natural tendency is to keep myself away from instant death as much as is possible, on the whole. This guy though...bloody hell.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Cheers for the heads-up Acker. Sweaty palms film making of the highest order, and thankfully nothing to do with Disney's ongoing trashing of the Star Wars brand, although featuring the most alien pair of enormous brown eyes ever inserted into a human head.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just watched this on catch up, incredible feat.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just watched The Alpinist, a SKY documentary on NOW. It makes Free Solo look like a genteel stroll up Devil’s Dyke. Fearless, incredible stuff with a jaw dropping conclusion, deserved a big screen outing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In a rare excursion away from telling everybody to watch Netflix's Battered B*****ds of Baseball, those of you liking Free Solo may well enjoy:-

Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau

It's another great human story, only Eddie is considerably more human!!

I believe it's on Disney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here