Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Great player Davy Propper coming from a Dutchman

Albion21

Feb 21, 2019
I've been following Davy Propper from litterally his debut with Vitesse in 2010. This guy had the potential to be a worldclass player. He was so technically gifted in his first season next to Nemanja Matic ( Man U ). There were many times that year he left my mouth duo to his fantastic skills. He was more a real number 10 then with great dribbles and through balls The problem was that the Spanish trainer Ferrer came and brought in older or ex Barcelona players and sometimes left him out. That broke him mentally and I never saw him on that level again. After that I saw somebody that was affraid to dribble or it was a hesitated one. He also had a big knee injury and his flexibility was not as good any more. He found his form again 3 years later and had a real good run with Vitesse what earned him a transfer to PSV. His first year was really good with destroying Man U in the CL and other great matches.

I must say this year I think he's showing his technical skills and turning away with ease from his opponent. That's the Propper I want to see. He looks mentally strong and not affraid to play the way he likes. Next to Bissouma would be great because they're both good on the ball. Hope for a win today on Huddersfield!!

ps I'm working on a big compilation from Propper on his perfomence this year with Brighton and will post it when finished

This one I did on his first PSV year. Check it out! Greetings

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4llw5f

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Thanks for the insight Albion21. I've always felt that there is far more to Davy Propper's game that we would see if he was unleashed and given permission to play in a less conservative system.
There's no doubt that we have a very technically gifted player on our hands who could hold his own in any Premier League squad.
I'm glad he's ours.
I look forward to seeing your compilation with hopefully a few more goals to include.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Should the unthinkable happen, he’ll be one of the first they come for and quite rightly,he is too good to see in the Championship.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I've been following Davy Propper from litterally his debut with Vitesse in 2010. This guy had the potential to be a worldclass player. He was so technically gifted in his first season next to Nemanja Matic ( Man U ). There were many times that year he left my mouth duo to his fantastic skills. He was more a real number 10 then with great dribbles and through balls The problem was that the Spanish trainer Ferrer came and brought in older or ex Barcelona players and sometimes left him out. That broke him mentally and I never saw him on that level again. After that I saw somebody that was affraid to dribble or it was a hesitated one. He also had a big knee injury and his flexibility was not as good any more. He found his form again 3 years later and had a real good run with Vitesse what earned him a transfer to PSV. His first year was really good with destroying Man U in the CL and other great matches.

I must say this year I think he's showing his technical skills and turning away with ease from his opponent. That's the Propper I want to see. He looks mentally strong and not affraid to play the way he likes. Next to Bissouma would be great because they're both good on the ball. Hope for a win today on Huddersfield!!

ps I'm working on a big compilation from Propper on his perfomence this year with Brighton and will post it when finished

Hello Davy...... :bigwave:

Albion21

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for the insight Albion21. I've always felt that there is far more to Davy Propper's game that we would see if he was unleashed and given permission to play in a less conservative system.
There's no doubt that we have a very technically gifted player on our hands who could hold his own in any Premier League squad.
I'm glad he's ours.
I look forward to seeing your compilation with hopefully a few more goals to include.

You're absolutely right. He's a player that has to feel that freedom to be at his best. He was always mentally very fragile. Not in form he would make ridicilous faults and was very hesitate on the ball. In form he looks a totally different player with real tecnical skills and great passes. That all became after the first year with Vitesse where he was fantastic but still left out by Ferrer. He didn't trust his own skills any more and became a strange player. He went more back into a central midfield position where I believe he's better at 10 from what I saw in the past.

But this year he's way more consistent than the last 3 years which pleases me and because of Stephens he can more up front.

Albion21

Feb 21, 2019
You're absolutely right. He's a player that has to feel that freedom to be at his best. He was always mentally very fragile. Not in form he would make ridicilous faults and was very hesitate on the ball. In form he looks a totally different player with real tecnical skills and great passes. That all became after the first year with Vitesse where he was fantastic but still left out by Ferrer. He didn't trust his own skills any more and became a strange player. He went more back into a central midfield position where I believe he's better at 10 from what I saw in the past.

But this year he's way more consistent than the last 3 years which pleases me and because of Stephens he can more up front.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I always thought we at times dont play him more attacking, when he is attacking and dribbling forward he makes it look effortless and his passing and vision can be great too, but when he is made to play almost like a defensive or holding mid he is not as effective. A great player hope there is much to come yet.

I thought he could have been MOTM today too.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thanks and welcome. That's delightful, what year was that from?

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I always thought we at times dont play him more attacking, when he is attacking and dribbling forward he makes it look effortless and his passing and vision can be great too, but when he is made to play almost like a defensive or holding mid he is not as effective. A great player hope there is much to come yet.

I thought he could have been MOTM today too.

He WAS man of the match today. Best touch, best player under pressure, love Davey

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
He WAS man of the match today. Best touch, best player under pressure, love Davey

I completely agree, I think Davy was definitely the man of the match; he showed that rare gift of making time for himself on the ball. Fantastic to see him flourish...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Several MOTM performances recently.

Last season I didn't really notice if he was good or bad, he was kind of anonymous IMO, this season and specifically the last few months he has really stood out. I would now say the most naturally talented player we have, particularly now Bruno is more or less out of the picture. A very classy player.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought he had a MOTM performance, just an intelligent classy player with vision, and skill to create a moment of time to do something, as opposed to running round like a headless chicken. It was also apparent his frustration at options to pass or,play to at times. Some of our players are not very intelligent.

The sponsors nominate MOTM, they pay for the Priveledge, nothing more.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Reminds me a bit of a footballing Roger Federer, everything just seems to slow down around him while he finds the right bit of skill to make the pass.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here