Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Huddersfield

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 2nd March 2019
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Darren Cann, Daniel Robathan
Fourth official: Simon Hooper

TEAM NEWS

Brighton will be without influential midfielder Pascal Gross, who has a minor hamstring strain.

Leon Balogun remains out with a shoulder problem but Florin Andone is back after serving a suspension.

Huddersfield trio Isaac Mbenza, Adama Diakhaby and Danny Williams remain out, while Tommy Smith sits out the second game of a three-match ban.

Demeaco Duhaney is nursing a thigh strain so Juninho Bacuna, who replaced him in midweek, may start.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

John Roder: This fixture could be billed as the biggest of the season so far for Brighton.

After beating Everton in their final game of 2018, Brighton had 25 points from 20 matches.

Two months and seven league games later, the Seagulls have gained just two more points.

Huddersfield are still a long way from safety, but the last-gasp victory over Wolves has given them the faintest glimmer of hope.

These two clubs came up from the Championship together in 2017, and a rare away win for Huddersfield would increase Brighton's worries that they might also be returning to the EFL.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "We're a level of club that will go through some difficult spells throughout the season. Up until four games ago, we'd done well.

"It's a difficult period but a time when you need to hold your nerve - we have home games against teams around us and everyone here is positive about performances and getting results."

Huddersfield Town head coach Jan Siewert on setting his team up to score more goals: "The more players you have in the box the more players can score for you.

"Goals are the salt in the soup. If the soup is tasty there has to be salt in it. So we have to be good chefs."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have won five and lost just two of the past 13 meetings.
    [*=left]Huddersfield have never won in six visits to the Amex Stadium (D3, L3).
    [*=left]Their most recent victory at Brighton was in League One at the Withdean Stadium in April 2011.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could set an unwanted club record of eight Premier League games with a win.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have won just once in 12 league games, losing five of their last six.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton's side are on a three-match winless home streak, their longest since December 2017.
    [*=left]They have won just one of their past nine league games against teams that started the day in the bottom three (D3, L5), losing their last three in a row.
    [*=left]Brighton were 10th in the table on 4 December, 12 points clear of the relegation places, but are now just two points clear of the bottom three.
    [*=left]Hughton is unbeaten in all five competitive home matches as a manager against Huddersfield, winning three of them.
Huddersfield

• [*=left]Huddersfield ended their 14-match winless league streak by beating Wolves in midweek.
    [*=left]They could win successive league fixtures for the first time since February 2018.
    [*=left]Huddersfield have triumphed in just one of their past 18 away league fixtures.
    [*=left]The Terriers are without an away league goal in 362 minutes since Mathias Jorgensen scored in their 3-1 loss at Manchester United on Boxing Day.
    [*=left]They have scored more than once in only one of their past 38 league matches, a 2-0 win at Wolves in November.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
salt-stockpile3.jpg

This was the scene at Chris Hughton's private salt stockpile yesterday.

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Fully expect wolves to beat Cardiff after losing to Huddersfield midweek.
If we can win today then we go 5pts clear of Cardiff with a game in hand
Massive day for us to make sure we turn up on the park and get this win

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As said before, a must win game, just a shame that the ref will make it all about him and probably award Hudds a last min penalty to draw/win the game.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
As said before, a must win game, just a shame that the ref will make it all about him and probably award Hudds a last min penalty to draw/win the game.

And send off Jose Izquierdo thinking it was Shane Duffy

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Should win, not must win for me. We still have Cardiff, Southampton, Bournemouth and Newcastle to play at home. That said, it would be a massive three points.

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Bernardo
Stephens
Bissouma Propper
Knockaert Andone March

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Oh and by the way, i’ve jinxed this one already. Every year we arrange for my sons team to come to the Amex as a group. Our record in these matches so far - played four, drawn four :ffsparr:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*Must Win* otherwise it'll break us psychologically, and we'll enter a relegation spiral.

Need to score 3 today to allow for Mike Dean's meddling.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Should win, not must win for me. We still have Cardiff, Southampton, Bournemouth and Newcastle to play at home. That said, it would be a massive three points.

Ryan
Stephens
Bissouma Propper
Knockaert Andone March

Would like to see that, plus Jose on the bench.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Would like to see that, plus Jose on the bench.

Yep. Probably lacking the sharpness to start. You could have that starting eleven plus four of AJ, Murray, izqierdo, Kayal and Locadia on the bench. So many attacking options. Have to start scoring goals

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Bang up for this. This one feels special. Expecting the players to put in a fantastic winning performance like we know that they can and a thunderous atmosphere to go with it. Can't wait.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ryan
Stephens
Bissouma Propper
Knockaert Andone March

Would love that team, or with Montoya.

But I would’nt hold it against Chris if Muzza plays and scores a vital brace.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1-3

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Ryan
Stephens
Bissouma Propper
Knockaert Andone March

That's the team I want/expect today. Would be happy with Izquierdo starting if fit enough, possibly instead of March, although I'm sure he will be used as an impact sub. So nice to have a bit of pace in the side.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here