Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very flat first half - we don't seem to have any confidence about us at all.

Jahanbakhsh has looked impressive, but the overall problem to me is that our midfield are sitting far too deep and leaving Murray isolated - if CH insists on playing that way surely it suits Andone more, as at least he's got the energy and pace to chase after balls and pressure defenders, whereas Murray just looks off the pace to me.

Jasper has managed not cock anything significant up yet, but as usual he's laughably inconsistent and seems to be making it up as he goes along - Propper's push in the back was at least on a par with Durm's on Ali J, yet only one is penalised. OK it went our way, but inconsistency is not what you want in a referee.

I'd like to see Andone replace Murray and Izquierdo replace Bissouma - let Propper and Stephens sit in midfield and let Knocky, Ali J, Izzy and Andone run at them.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Shocking. Home to the worst team in the league and can’t have a shot on target.

Will just be a battle of whose more shit us or Cardiff.

Probably even just beating them at home will be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Nice effort from Ali J.

ALI-J.gif

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Are they just scared to lose? Maybe 0-0 in the last 10 games would be enough to keep us up but do we deserve to?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Would like to seem some runs through midfield. At the moment it is hoof ball to Murray who heads it on to one of their back 4.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It’ll open up mid way through second half.

Then we will see Murrays speed make the difference. Cough. Ok, Andone

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Close! The 'keeper had given it up as a goal. Would have given you a thumb-up but they seem to have disappeared

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Nervous afraid to lose performance from Albion .... not a lot good to talk about ... Ali J the only bright spot just a shame the ball did not dip a bit quicker

Not convinced by the formation as all the central 3 midfielders are far too up the pitch with acres of space in behind to the CB's ... sitting back letting Hudds have possession without too much pressing

Murray a great club servant and legend but on this performance combined with midweek is way past his sell by date now and its showing , slow in pace and looks like his brain & feet are slowing down to match ... Sorry CH wrong choice in formation and wrong choice in players ... should be 4-4-1-1 with Ali J as No.10 behind Andone or Locadia with Stephens & Propper doing what they used to sitting close in to the back line and making us hard to beat because as it stands we look too easy to open up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here