Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] SpaceX - Crew Dragon Test Flight

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

If anyone is interested.
https://www.spacex.com/webcast

SpaceX is targeting Saturday, March 2 for launch of Crew Dragon’s first demonstration mission from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. This test flight without crew on board the spacecraft is intended to demonstrate SpaceX’s capabilities to safely and reliably fly astronauts to and from the International Space Station as part of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program.

The instantaneous launch window opens at 2:49 a.m. EST, or 7:49 UTC, and a backup instantaneous launch opportunity is available on Tuesday, March 5 at 1:38 a.m. EST, or 6:38 UTC. Following stage separation, SpaceX will attempt to land Falcon 9’s first stage on the “Of Course I Still Love You” droneship, which will be stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

[tweet]1101579851461550082[/tweet]

https://youtu.be/2ZL0tbOZYhE

Last edited by a moderator:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, awake and streaming it.

Fingers crossed it goes well.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Successful launch, nailed the landing and Dragon has seperated.

Brilliant stuff.

D

Deleted member 22389

Only got back from work about 40 mins ago so just watched the recording of the lift off, seperation, and landing on the barge, excellent stuff. Next up is the real crew.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
And how much guts do you need to be that FIRST crew !!!!!

How much guts do you have to have to be crew full stop?

Right from the first missions and the shuttle programme. There has always been failures. It's not quite the same as getting a puncture on a road trip is it...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How much guts do you have to have to be crew full stop?

Right from the first missions and the shuttle programme. There has always been failures. It's not quite the same as getting a puncture on a road trip is it...

Totally agree that it would take a lot of guts to do it, but If I had the chance (phenomenally unlikely, obviously) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Of course there are risks and always will be, but the reward would be worth it in my opinions. I got to experience partial gravity on a parabolic flight last year, and it's an awesome experience. Combining that with actually being in space would be enough for me to overcome any concerns or "what ifs".

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Absolutely love this, still amazed at the simultaneous landing from the Falcon Heavy test.

It's on the bucket list to do a parabolic flight but having looked at the cost I'll have to do it after I've flown a Spitfire.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's on the bucket list to do a parabolic flight but having looked at the cost I'll have to do it after I've flown a Spitfire.

I was lucky and got to do it as part of a university study that my partner (he's a uni lecturer) was running. We didn't do full 0G but we did 0.75, 0.5 and 0.25 in different parabolas - the sensation is difficult to properly explain, but it's fantastic.

D

Deleted member 2719

Musk is such a great innovator and has balls of steel.
Good luck to him and all he does.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here