Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sold out for tomorrow (or not!)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Just seen that the Albion have declared tomorrow a sell out and any tickets available will be those on the exchange. Unless I'm mistaken that declaration seems to have released a good 300 seats or so - all over the ground. I'm curious why they have publicly announced this as a sell out potentially putting off last minute buyers who would probably take that announcement on face value and not actually check the ticket site. Strange commercial decision but perhaps they have to do it before releasing the exchange seats?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They always used to say the exchange doesn’t kick in until,the general sale tickets are sold out.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It is sold out.......any available tickets are those being re-sold. If they’re not resold, it’s still a sellout........?

Indeed - just seems odd the headline isn't "300 tickets now available" rather than "Sold Out". Surely everyone wins if we can shift another few hundred tickets.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Just put 4 for sale on the exchange if anyone needs a ticket - East Stand Upper - unfortunately cannot make it tomorrow down from Herts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This. They’ve maxed out.

Now just the process of exchange.

I'm sure [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] knows that. His point, I think, is if you were thinking of going tomorrow and popped along to the club site and this is the first thing you see...

Screenshot-2019-03-01-at-21-33-33.png

...you're more likely to think "Damn - too late" rather than "Good - tickets still available:"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm sure [MENTION=1332]Deadly Danson[/MENTION] knows that. His point, I think, is if you were thinking of going tomorrow and popped along to the club site and this is the first thing you see...

Screenshot-2019-03-01-at-21-33-33.png

...you're more likely to think "Damn - too late" rather than "Good - tickets still available:"

You’ve certainly nailed my likely reaction there.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
All of those seats have been paid for by STs.

The point is if you are an occasional attendee not familiar with exchange you’ll see sold out as a headline and not open the article to find out that tickets are available through the exchange. A headline of ticket exchange open would be better.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The point is if you are an occasional attendee not familiar with exchange you’ll see sold out as a headline and not open the article to find out that tickets are available through the exchange. A headline of ticket exchange open would be better.

Yeah true.......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The whole ticket exchange thing seems odd to me. Is it literally when there are NO tickets left at all? I wonder if it would be better if it kicked in when there were only single seats and disabled areas left. Ok, the single seats might then be an even harder sell - but it would surely encourage more STH that can't make it to put their seats up earlier for resale rather than leave them empty. I suppose the club makes a smaller profit on each one but maybe that would be offset by the number sold - plus from an atmosphere point of view, the fewer empty seats the better....

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The whole ticket exchange thing seems odd to me. Is it literally when there are NO tickets left at all? I wonder if it would be better if it kicked in when there were only single seats and disabled areas left. Ok, the single seats might then be an even harder sell - but it would surely encourage more STH that can't make it to put their seats up earlier for resale rather than leave them empty. I suppose the club makes a smaller profit on each one but maybe that would be offset by the number sold - plus from an atmosphere point of view, the fewer empty seats the better....

It kicks off when all non ST tickets have sold. It was activated last night for the Huddersfield game.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Just about to buy one, printer is at uni so I've opted to collect, would anyone be ale to tell me where I need go for that?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Myself and two friends have put a block of three available on half way line in WEST upper [due to sickness/rail replacement from London] - Handy if someone only wants to go when they can sit together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It kicks off when all non ST tickets have sold. It was activated last night for the Huddersfield game.

So effectively that is when all seats are sold. Seems a bit mad as it can remain for ages with one or two individual seats dotted around the stadium, preventing the ticket exchange from kicking in. I'd have thought most people, especially casual fans, are looking for at least a pair of tickets - which would be more readily available if all non-attending STHs seats were available early.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here