This just popped up on my F/B timeline

Great weekend away in Cleethorpes but a crap result

5d07c616ce9a6e6898a1fd55cd6dd506.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great weekend but shit result, Grimsby was grim to say the least but nice fish and chips

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I recognise a few people in that photo. Some of the guys I had season tickets with at The Amex. Guy in the red shirt (towards the back) and the 2 guys to the left of him.

I was there. Travelled down from uni in York and it took me a f***ing age to get back on the train.

Cleethorpes is one of the grimmest places I've ever been.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This just popped up on my F/B timeline

Great weekend away in Cleethorpes but a crap result

5d07c616ce9a6e6898a1fd55cd6dd506.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Was it a particularly dull match? Barely anyone in that picture is paying any attention to what's going on on the pitch. And is that BG top right in the flat cap? He's not paying attention either.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Bobby's last game for a while. Remember the Grimsby player on loan from Preston giving us the Going Down treatment after they scored? I got myself into the Evening Telegraph after complaining about that - my sister was a local clergyman's wife which gave them an angle of sorts. The irony of several thousand people from Britain's best resort going to Grimsby on a blazing bank holiday...

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Can't see myself in that particular photo but my sister and brother in law saw me on a Sky TV clip after the game standing looking forlorn on the terracing.It's a bloody long way to Grimsby (Cleethorpes.)Get to bloody Leeds almost then about 50 miles east. As someone else said though, great fish and chips but awful beer. I seem to remember bumping into some Portsmouth fans at Toddington or similar on the way home. I think they had just won a promotion to the top flight and ,as we'd drawn 2-2, we'd been relegated.Was that Bobby Zamoras last game for us prior to his return in the Amex years?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I was there remember it as quite a warm day - some enormous bloke in home stand with no shirt on baiting the away fans is all I can remember

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I was there remember it as quite a warm day - some enormous bloke in home stand with no shirt on baiting the away fans is all I can remember

think that chap was the one who was there with son. He did give it large (literally) until we started singing "dead by 50, your dads going to be dead by 50".

The striker on loan who did the going down goading was from what i also remember, the vertically challenged Jay Tabb ? Think that weekend confirmed our relegation.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Great Grimsby by the Sea ...... not all Grim but not what you would call a place with demand for incoming migration ... but its a good place especially for bikers as a starting point for the roads of Lincolnshire & Yorkshire

D

Deleted member 2719

Not in the photo, but remember wearing face paint that day and it was frigging hot and I was melting, I mean why? what was I thinking? Maybe I was enjoying makeup, or maybe I was pi##ed as a fart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here