Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Questionnaire for Brighton fans on the significance of football stadium names

Fraserja

Feb 26, 2019
Hi, I am Fraser, a third year student at the Manchester Metropolitan University carrying out my dissertation project on the significance of football stadium names within fan culture. It would be greatly appreciated if you could click on the link below to answer a questionnaire, it will only take a couple of minutes. Thanks ever so much for your help.

https://goo.gl/forms/LFVCAD2bE6Q2ldgc2

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Done

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Done

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hi, I am Fraser, a third year student at the Manchester Metropolitan University carrying out my dissertation project on the significance of football stadium names within fan culture. It would be greatly appreciated if you could click on the link below to answer a questionnaire, it will only take a couple of minutes. Thanks ever so much for your help.

https://goo.gl/forms/LFVCAD2bE6Q2ldgc2

Done, but with the last question beware that I was forced to choose.

I wouldn't prefer the Goldstone Ground because that ground is dead and gone. Could it have been called The New Goldstone? Maybe. And maybe I'd have chosen that option.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Done. Some of the questions don't have quite the right response options, IMO ... for example in some cases "no" and "does not matter to me" are more or less interchangeable.

That last question certainly needed other options.

I only make these picky points as someone who has run surveys in the past and only spotted the flaws once the answers are in and the analysis starts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Done, as a point of interest do any of you think there’s any significance in the stadium name?

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Done - but I just wanted to add... our beautiful new stadium cost a lot of money and we owe our current status, and possibly our continued existence, to it. So it would be hard to resent that, and hard to resent the people who funded it wanting to recoup some of that money via any means necessary. It's also only ever really had one name.

Had the ground ever previously had a geographical or traditional name I suspect we'd feel somewhat differently. If the Goldstone Ground had been renamed 'The Nobo Ring', for example, I imagine most of us would have continued to call it The Goldstone.

Thought that was an important point not captured by your questions - good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here