Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Prostate health drop-in event at the Amex before tomorrow's game

AITC

Aug 30, 2011
Thank you as always to North Stand Chat for allowing us to post...

Our health team will be in the Brighton Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in the East Stand at the Amex tomorrow between 12-2pm as part of our Speak Up Against Cancer campaign and fans who have any questions or concerns relating to prostate health are encouraged to go along and speak to an expert.

Anyone who attends the drop-in can also enter a free prize draw to win a football signed by the Albion team.

More information on tomorrow's event can be found online HERE.

Or to learn more about the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer, visit our Speak Up Against Cancer page HERE.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men in the UK. However, if caught early, 90% of prostate cancers can be treated successfully.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't imagine my prostate will be available for comment, until after Andone scores his 8th goal of the game.

#SqueakyBumTime.

Last edited:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Just recovering from prostate cancer but had no symptoms. Take it seriously. If they hadn't accidentally fond mine I would probably be dead in 7 or 8 years. Please take it seriously.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Started getting symptoms last year and got checked out.

Fortunately wasn't cancerous but still needed an op. Glad I had it as now I don't have to get up in the middle of the night for a piss. More importantly if you're having trouble emptying your bladder it can result in urine backing up and ****ing up your kidneys resulting in needing dialysis.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thank you as always to North Stand Chat for allowing us to post...

Our health team will be in the Brighton Diagnostic and Treatment Centre in the East Stand at the Amex tomorrow between 12-2pm as part of our Speak Up Against Cancer campaign and fans who have any questions or concerns relating to prostate health are encouraged to go along and speak to an expert.

Anyone who attends the drop-in can also enter a free prize draw to win a football signed by the Albion team.

More information on tomorrow's event can be found online HERE.

Or to learn more about the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer, visit our Speak Up Against Cancer page HERE.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men in the UK. However, if caught early, 90% of prostate cancers can be treated successfully.

What a fantastic idea :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had an MRI scan for the prostate just last November, which was all clear, but it picked up in passing, a huge tumour in an adjacent part of my body.

Been in treatment since.

That prostate check process may well have saved my life. A huge thank you to the prostate consultant at Haywards Heath.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I don't imagine my prostate will be available for comment, until after Andone scores his 8th goal of the game.

#SqueakyBumTime.

You really are a pratt. Serious issues.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Had an MRI scan for the prostate just last November, which was all clear, but it picked up in passing, a huge tumour in an adjacent part of my body.

Been in treatment since.

That prostate check process may well have saved my life. A huge thank you to the prostate consultant at Haywards Heath.
Best of luck mate. And a wake up call for those of us who think "nah, I'm alright".

Nothing wrong with finding out apart from fear.... Which I'm massively guilty of to be fair.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Best of luck mate. And a wake up call for those of us who think "nah, I'm alright".

Nothing wrong with finding out apart from fear.... Which I'm massively guilty of to be fair.

Early detection with either prostate or bowel cancer makes a colossal difference to life expectancy.

For example a male up to their 50’s getting bowel cancer has something like a 98% chance of leading a very long life if caught in Stage 1 or 2. For Stage 3 or 4, nearer to a 50:50 call whether they’ll make 5 years (although meds and other treatments are advancing all the time).

A startling contrast in outcomes.

If any doubt, see your GP and insist on far more than a bloodtest.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Early detection with either prostate or bowel cancer makes a colossal difference to life expectancy.

For example a male up to their 50’s getting bowel cancer has something like a 98% chance of leading a very long life if caught in Stage 1 or 2. For Stage 3 or 4, nearer to a 50:50 call whether they’ll make 5 years (although meds and other treatments are advancing all the time).

A startling contrast in outcomes.

If any doubt, see your GP and insist on far more than a bloodtest.
best of luck with your journey mate..... i'm 4 months post surgery now and pretty much back to normal , not pleasant but life saving none the less , surgeon reckoned i had 12-18 months before the cancer broke out of the prostate , at which point radiation therapy is your only option......all the best.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
best of luck with your journey mate..... i'm 4 months post surgery now and pretty much back to normal , not pleasant but life saving none the less , surgeon reckoned i had 12-18 months before the cancer broke out of the prostate , at which point radiation therapy is your only option......all the best.

Thanks a lot.

Love hearing your story. 6 months ago I knew nothing about tumours/cancer, thought I was invincible. From what I now know, as you say, the early stage in which they caught yours, saved you a lot of aggro and quite possibly more.

All the best. Here’s to a rare Albion win.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thanks a lot.

Love hearing your story. 6 months ago I knew nothing about tumours/cancer, thought I was invincible. From what I now know, as you say, the early stage in which they caught yours, saved you a lot of aggro and quite possibly more.

All the best. Here’s to a rare Albion win.

yep ....it's a ****ing life changer alright....and it's becoming so much more common as the mean age of our friends increases , hopefully the lads can serve up a tonking to hudds, god knows we could do with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here