Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Just watching it now very interesting!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yep very interesting and they have every right to retrieve their records and reports on the study.

It's a bit of a quandary because many scientific findings came about through unscrupulous programs that would be morally questioned today. Nature v nurture is a massive question but how do we find the answer.

There has to a follow on story I would imagine.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Just watched it and thought that it was a really fascinating and extremely well constructed and presented documentary with a very poignant human interest angle. One of the best programmes I’ve seen in a while.

It was heart-breaking to see the ultimate effect on the triplets of the separation they endured so early in life, and for the way in which their enforced role in a carefully planned scientific experiment coldly overrode any personal considerations, albeit that attitudes to such things must have been very different nearly 60 years ago when the research into their lives was first conducted.

I took a special interest in the film in that I am an identical twin and because all children born in the UK in the last week of February/first week of March 1958, when I was born, were (and a very large number still remain) the subject of an ongoing National Child Development Study, which is voluntarily participative and in which I have taken part for 60 years. The results of the NCDS’s findings are made publicly available and their research into all sorts of health, educational, employment, welfare, social and life outcomes has been internationally used by governments and businesses in their planning models, given the value of the data obtained from such a large sample (initially ~70,000 participants).

I’d be interested to know if anyone else on NSC is still a cohort in the NCDS.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
WOW

Watch it

Stick with it

Don't read about it

Watch it

Extraordinary

Thank you, watched tonight following your alert. Wife and I were gripped by, extraordinary story. :thumbsup:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Apparently there was a fourth child that died at birth which was not mentioned in the documentary .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Watched last night with the misses, mind blowing!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I love the way when governments don't want to release information they can just lock it away in a file that says don't open for 70 years, enough time for everyone involved to die? I'm sure this happened with JFK info

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here