Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - Nominations

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
where are we at in terms of nominations and seconding?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Can’t see if it’s been nominated yet but I’m nominating humans. We are not the strongest animals but the power of our brains mean we dominate the world. End of contest.

So start a World's CLEVEREST Creature competition then. Stick a single bang average 40 year old male naked into a cage fight with a Honey Badger with "2 enter, only 1 leaves" rules. And that guy will be bleeding to death from a bitten off scrotum within an hour. This is the World's HARDEST Creature competition FFS.

Is it possible to VETO a nomination?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Screenshot 2019-03-06 at 18.21.39.png

Good evening and welcome. I'm joining you live from the Honey Badger's training camp and the little tyke looks hungry to get back into the game following last year's bruising final defeat.

There's just time for a run through of where we are on nominations so far so get your pens and papers ready.

Here's the list of those whose hardness credentials seem beyond doubt and who have safely secured passage to the group stage...

Tardigrade
Honey Badger
Toy Poodle (it's going to be a massacre)
Deathstalker Scorpion
Saltwater Crocodile
Stoat
Cassowary
Emperor Penguin
Cockroach
Naked Mole Rat
Grasshopper Mouse
Mantis Shrimp
King Cobra
Humans
Mongoose

Those awaiting a seconder are sat anxiously in the green room...

Seagull
Geogemma barossi
Wolverine
Strain 121
Great White Shark
Mouse
Dung Beetle
Tiger
Tasmanian Devil
Tarantula Hawk
Clistopyga crassicaudata
Bull Shark
Jaguar

Still no sign of the Polar Bear I see. What's keeping him? Has this giant of WHC fallen out of favour?

Also word on Brian Blessed. Sadly he's ineligible. I say sadly, as I have it on very good authority that he was almightily keen to take part. However, the WHC VAR panel has ruled him out on the basis that the competition does not allow for a single representative of an entire species. None of you have nominated Geoff the Honey Badger, have you? It simply doesn't work that way.

So with only 15 creatures assured of passage to the group stage it's looking like a very thin field this year. Could this allow some of the more unheralded entrants to get a look in this year?

Over to you folks...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Second the Jaguar.

But Blessed has been ROBBED of a guaranteed win here.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
HERE. WE. GO.

I've been waiting for this for so long.

I give you...

The NAKED MOLE RAT.

It doesn't feel pain when injected with ACID.
Cancer? IMMUNE. No problem. NEXT.
Life span? up to 32 YEARS. For a f***ing rat! It DEFIES the biological ageing process.
Oxygen? Nah, you're alright. Don't need that. Just turns itself into a PLANT if there isn't enough available.

Loads more, and to top it all off, it is one ugly mother f***er.

View attachment 105180

This is the new people's champion. Let's get behind it and it can go all the way.

Plants need oxygen.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
To be perfectly frank I now find the on-going existence of this so-called "competition" disheartening. There is, after all, only one, indisputable "world's hardest creature" and that, my friends, is the Honey Badger. Given that fact, why bother with this annual sherade where varying degrees of sleight of hand, disinformation, fake news and yes, just plain skullduggery, are brought to bear by persons "unknown" who exist in a twilight world of denial, fantasy and ignorance - all in order to try and prevent the Honey Badger from winning every year by a country mile and thus completely negating the "competition". For Pete's sake lets just call the whole thing off and give the Honey Badger the recognition and respect he/she so clearly deserves and crown him/her "The All-Time Worlds Hardest Creature"

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
To be perfectly frank I now find the on-going existence of this so-called "competition" disheartening. There is, after all, only one, indisputable "world's hardest creature" and that, my friends, is the Honey Badger. Given that fact, why bother with this annual sherade where varying degrees of sleight of hand, disinformation, fake news and yes, just plain skullduggery, are brought to bear by persons "unknown" who exist in a twilight world of denial, fantasy and ignorance - all in order to try and prevent the Honey Badger from winning every year by a country mile and thus completely negating the "competition". For Pete's sake lets just call the whole thing off and give the Honey Badger the recognition and respect he/she so clearly deserves and crown him/her "The All-Time Worlds Hardest Creature"

Send your big boy on down, Surf.

Love, Geogemma barossi xxx

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Yes. Geogemma barossi in the hat. I haven't a clue why but a newcomer is always interesting.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Late nomination.

Bombadier Beetle

Beetles are generally pretty tough. Add to that an inbuilt chemical weapons factory that delivers an aerosol out of its it's ******** (sort of) of boiling toxic chemicals.

Evolution has weaponised a beetle

q
.....awaits does the obvious

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Moon Bear

Took on 9 humans at once, was winning till they had to shoot it.

Whilst it looks lovable, this ain’t no care bear

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Late nomination.

Bombadier Beetle

Beetles are generally pretty tough. Add to that an inbuilt chemical weapons factory that delivers an aerosol out of its it's ******** (sort of) of boiling toxic chemicals.

Evolution has weaponised a beetle

q
.....awaits does the obvious

The Moon Bear

Took on 9 humans at once, was winning till they had to shoot it.

Whilst it looks lovable, this ain’t no care bear

second both of these

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Screenshot 2019-03-07 at 21.23.39.png

I'm perusing the state of nominations with just over a day to go. The Bombardier Beetle and Moon Bear have joined the elite club, making a total of 19 nominations so far.

Seagull, Wolverine, Strain 121, Mouse, Dung Beetle, Tiger, Tasmanian Devil, Tarantula Hawk, Clistopyga crassicaudata, Bull Shark and even the Great White Shark are all looking nervously looking at the clock, wondering whether or not their ship will come in.

But surely the take of WHC XII so far is those that have yet to even receive a nomination. Some WHC stalwarts appear have been deserted by their followers and some that made a splash last year seem to have returned to the anonymity from whence they came. Where's the Black Swallower? The Bobbit Worm is missing in action. The Cape Buffalo must be off on his holidays. The Black Mamba skulks in the shadows. The Bullet Ant, the Poison Dart Frog, the Grizzly Bear... where are you? The Polar Bear! The Polar Bear? Perhaps the stories are true and climate change has done for this doughty competitor.

The clock is ticking...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Seems I accidentally gave you all an extra day for nominations. Use it well. Chris is very angry at my incompetence.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
WTF?! No Polar Bear or Cape Buffalo?

Consider them nominated. Someone needs to second them. Sharpish.

People say the F.A cup died the day United chose not to enter. That will be nothin compared to this competition without the Polar Bear- the three time WHC champion Polar Bear - not being in the competition when he's eligible. Who cares if he's faded glory now, he's the mutha****ing Polar Bear. Second him you gutless wonders!!!!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
WTF?! No Polar Bear or Cape Buffalo?

Consider them nominated. Someone needs to second them. Sharpish.

People say the F.A cup died the day United chose not to enter. That will be nothin compared to this competition without the Polar Bear- the three time WHC champion Polar Bear - not being in the competition when he's eligible. Who cares if he's faded glory now, he's the mutha****ing Polar Bear. Second him you gutless wonders!!!!

Bah, not so tough. The polar bear is listed as vulnerable now. How can you be the hardest if you are vulnerable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here