Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Agent Fees

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Heard many things over the years about 'Football Agents' making loads of money from player sales but this is the first time i can recall a figure actually being mentioned. Unfortuantely come to light over the Sala tragedy.

Willie McKay claims Nantes owe his son £1.5m for brokering the deal but said "they won't be chasing Nantes for the moment".

£1.5m for arranging a sale? Jeez. I suppose thats normal in that world but takes someone 30 years to earn that at £50k p/a.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Heard many things over the years about 'Football Agents' making loads of money from player sales but this is the first time i can recall a figure actually being mentioned. Unfortuantely come to light over the Sala tragedy.

£1.5m for arranging a sale? Jeez. I suppose thats normal in that world but takes someone 30 years to earn that at £50k p/a.

Gives you an idea of how many hundreds of millions of football club income is lost to the game to agents. Sickening really

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It’s a shame he didn’t spend some of it on a proper private plane.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They haven't received their fee...and they won't necessarily...perhaps read the whole interview before making judgement

At the time of arranging the flight the McKays were fully expecting 1.5 million.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At the time of arranging the flight the McKays were fully expecting 1.5 million.

But they havnt received it....like I said u are making judgement on them before knowing the whole facts ..which hopefully will come out....you could say why didn't Cardiff sort it out....they say they asked to book one but were told not to bother....there does seem a lot of conflicting stories.....all parties concerned here have a fair fe quid to make arrangements

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“When you phone for a taxi you don't ask him if he has a driving licence," he said. ”

If I was asking the taxi driver to carry 17m euros I’m sure I’d ask a few questions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But they havnt received it....like I said u are making judgement on them before knowing the whole facts ..which hopefully will come out....you could say why didn't Cardiff sort it out....they say they asked to book one but were told not to bother....there does seem a lot of conflicting stories.....all parties concerned here have a fair fe quid to make arrangements

Willie McKay is a bullshitting shitbag, and isn't even a licenced agent. He's a bankrupt parasite, using his son to cream his slice of wedge out of this deal, as he's done for years.

He'll get his bit, don't you worry.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Willie McKay is a bullshitting shitbag, and isn't even a licenced agent. He's a bankrupt parasite, using his son to cream his slice of wedge out of this deal, as he's done for years.

He'll get his bit, don't you worry.

Being the lead in all the Sala media interviews has revealed Willie to be the de facto agent, his son nowhere in sight.

A crooked industry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Being the lead in all the Sala media interviews has revealed Willie to be the de facto agent, his son nowhere in sight.

A crooked industry.

Its all in his sons name though, he's not allowed to broker deals himself. As you say, its a crooked industry stuffed with chancers like McKay, and this tragic incident has shone a light on the grubby goings-on of his ilk.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
“When you phone for a taxi you don't ask him if he has a driving licence," he said. ”

If I was asking the taxi driver to carry 17m euros I’m sure I’d ask a few questions.

Also a taxi drivers licence is displayed in the taxi when you get in because yes there has been a need to do that historically. I wouldnt fly in a one prop plane at that time of night in those conditions not even on my wages. They have "gifted" him a death trap flight and are blaming everyone but themselves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

A crooked industry.

As I understand it, he’s not deemed fit to hold a license and forbidden from involvement. It’s very strange as to why he’s so keen to be in the press and his son is absent.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
FIFA should alter their laws so that strictly only players pay their agents, from personal net income. The way it was. Agents would not receive income from clubs - that’s the area where the leeches have gained so much.

its blindingly obvious isnt it?
and £1.5m for an unknown, why do the clubs even agree to this nonsense?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here