Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yep, confirmed as Fulham caretaker manager

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
GP is releasing a 40th anniversary album of Squeezing Out Sparks in April, as an acoustic version, and then touring later in the year (solo) including a date at the Ropetackle (23 November)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like their cover of Hold back the night by the Trammps originally

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Probably my all time favorite band. GP's post Rumour stuff is equally as good. One of many great tracks below.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Excellent stuff - tickets secured for the Ropetackle. Must be about 40 years since I saw him in concert - looking forward to seeing how the wiry troubadour is shaping up these days. Cracking songwriter and one of the great voices of soul-rock.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I think it was more the likes of John Peel that broke the strangle hold. DJs at Radio Caroline, Radio Luxembourg where they could play what they wanted and introduce bands like Graham Parker and other genres. The rise of independant labels played on these stations, many seem to have forgotten what "indy" even means. They are even trying and succeeding to rewrite history, the film backed by EMI made about Radio Caroline tried to make out it was the British government that was trying to stifle the music played. No it was labels like them lobbying the government so they could make sure only their labels were played.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
saw him at hammersmith odeon (then) back in early 80s and was then lucky enough to see the last ever GP and the Rumour concert at the O2 Forum in Islington a few years back (2015?). Shortly after he and Brinsley Schwarz did an acoustic set at the Ropetackle (where I managed to meet him). One of the most underrated talents.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
re-read the OP
But Graham Parker broke either before or at the same time as punk and musically had absolutely nothing to do with punk. And punk certainly didn't facilitate the emergence of Graham Parker who is closer to Van Morrison than he is to the Sex Pistols!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here