Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do Celtic fans think they are ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
p0724kqw.jpg

Their message to Brendan Rodgers last night, for him binning them off and going to Leicester.

WHY would Rodgers hang around in the MTL for another season ? He's already done the double-treble up there, winning a clean sweep of all the domestic trophies two years in a row, and got them to the Champions League group stage, which is as far as they'll ever get, so job very much done.

They'll win the MTL every season regardless of who's in charge, so staying there would have been the very DEFINITION of mediocrity. At least with Leicester he'll have a worthwhile challenge to get his teeth into, competing in a proper League on the big stage, in a competition that people actually watch.

"Immortality" - what utter eyewash. My neighbours dog could win the league with that lot, and he's been deaf since 2013. They're so up their own arses they don't even recognise mediocrity despite the fact that is EXACTLY what they are turning up for and watching, week in, week out.

Scotch goons.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
What is it about second-rate clubs holding up two-bit, smudgy posters to make some redundant point?

Yes, Tractor Boys, I'm looking at you as well.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
They've got to do something to spice up their games. Must be a complete borefest going into every game and every season knowing exactly what the outcome will be

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well, I’m on the blue side of Glasgow but even though they are obviously OTT, they may have a point.
Celtic offered him the prestige he craved he has, without spending zillions gone in and done a great job, even with a severely handicapped GR. the chance to do a triple, triple would have been historic and with Leicester not likely to have been relegated he could have completed that goal.
I’m sure he’ll do ok, but apart from getting a few kids in it’s a stepping stone.
Plus his comments of “ill die for this club” were extraordinary, given recent tragic circumstances.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
90k a week at Leicester so probably wasn’t a difficult decision.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, I’m on the blue side of Glasgow but even though they are obviously OTT, they may have a point.
Celtic offered him the prestige he craved he has, without spending zillions gone in and done a great job, even with a severely handicapped GR. the chance to do a triple, triple would have been historic and with Leicester not likely to have been relegated he could have completed that goal.
I’m sure he’ll do ok, but apart from getting a few kids in it’s a stepping stone.
Plus his comments of “ill die for this club” were extraordinary, given recent tragic circumstances.

Historic? Really?

1. Frankly I'm amazed that this fabled triple triple hasn't been done before.
2. I'd never heard of the fabled triple triple before Tuesday when Rodgers was linked with the Leicester move.
3. Does anyone outside of Celtic and Rangers really give a shit how many multiple multiples either club has ever won or will win?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t blame BR for wanting to give the PL another go. Far better football, players, opponents, and a manager need a serious plan (beyond having a far, far better squad) to win.

We shouldn’t be tied to hyperbolic comments made in the past, so ungrateful Celtic fans get over it.

Stumpy Tim

Same for most clubs frankly. We all have blinkers on when it comes to the club we support. I have to say, swapping Celtic for Leicester doesn't make much sense to me. I tend to agree with the Celtic fans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Historic? Really?

1. Frankly I'm amazed that this fabled triple triple hasn't been done before.
2. I'd never heard of the fabled triple triple before Tuesday when Rodgers was linked with the Leicester move.
3. Does anyone outside of Celtic and Rangers really give a shit how many multiple multiples either club has ever won or will win?

Agree with 3.

The triple treble was near impossible because until Rangers went bust, Scotland had always had 2 or more firecely competitive clubs.

The false environment since makes every pointless record feasible. Yet will be celebrated as if they’re world beaters.

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
p0724kqw.jpg

Their message to Brendan Rodgers last night, for him binning them off and going to Leicester.

WHY would Rodgers hang around in the MTL for another season ? He's already done the double-treble up there, winning a clean sweep of all the domestic trophies two years in a row, and got them to the Champions League group stage, which is as far as they'll ever get, so job very much done.

They'll win the MTL every season regardless of who's in charge, so staying there would have been the very DEFINITION of mediocrity. At least with Leicester he'll have a worthwhile challenge to get his teeth into, competing in a proper League on the big stage, in a competition that people actually watch.

"Immortality" - what utter eyewash. My neighbours dog could win the league with that lot, and he's been deaf since 2013. They're so up their own arses they don't even recognise mediocrity despite the fact that is EXACTLY what they are turning up for and watching, week in, week out.

Scotch goons.

I think your post is symptomatic of the arrogance, and let's face it, cosy English superiority complex that pervades a fair few football fans this side of the border. The inconvenient truth many ignore is that if Celtic and Rangers played in England, with the revenue they would generate, even before they kicked a ball in anger, they would be right up there with the best in the EPL. They are massive clubs. Leicester, like us, are medium-sized clubs that without the money of our chairmen would be Championship at best. There's a reason why the EPL chairmen voted against the two Scottish giants coming down to the EPL once they thought about it properly - they realised how it would reduce their share of the money pot.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But Leicester? What can he possibly do there that hasn't been done? Is he going to win the title? Doubt it. Maybe he can play a full-strength team in an FA Cup tie next season and get beyond the third round.

Leicester had one fluke season and used the revenue to buy some decent players, but otherwise they're essentially Southampton (they even have the same ground but in blue) and over the long term are more likely to be relegated than to crack the top six.

It's purely the money and the chance to remind big clubs that he still exists. Die for Leicester? Only by accident.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same for most clubs frankly. We all have blinkers on when it comes to the club we support. I have to say, swapping Celtic for Leicester doesn't make much sense to me. I tend to agree with the Celtic fans

I'm not debating the "big club" thing, because of course Celtic are a bigger club.

There's a bit more to it than that though, unfortunately for the Celtic fans.

At Celtic there can be very little professional challenge. Rodgers will now gets to set himself up against some of the best managers and players in the world. Regardless of how many triples he racked up North of the border, it can't be a particularly satisfying experience after a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here