Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ian Wright: "Leicester were pretty much in control of that game for me"

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ludicrous.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Call me negative but Leicester played a counter attacking game effectively imo. We had all the possession but did we really do much with it?!

Possession is great but being clinical in front of goal is what matters.

He didn't say that, though. He said they were in control of the game, which is utter horses**t.

He also said they were "very good". I doubt even the most die-hard Leicester fans thought that!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Call me negative but Leicester played a counter attacking game effectively imo. We had all the possession but did we really do much with it?!

Possession is great but being clinical in front of goal is what matters.

We did do stuff with the possession, created at least 5 brilliant chances, not half chances.

Certainly weren't clinical in front of the goal, can't argue with that

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have to bear in mind that all "Wrighty" has seen of the game last night is the goals, and maybe the BBC stats, which made it look close.

The rest of his day was spent on the golf course with Alan, before going out and choosing another stupid looking hat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You'll get on well with Wrighty, it seems.

Did you watch the game? Did you not see the great chances we created?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Also missed a handball by their centre half. Looked like we had as many if not more proper chances and they took more of theirs.

People blamed Dunk for that first goal thought it should have been Propper.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
*cough* didn't offer him a contract *cough*

#sourgrapes

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
You'll get on well with Wrighty, it seems.

Did you watch the game? Did you not see the great chances we created?

We had good chances, on another day Murray would have easily buried two and we possibly could have had more from set pieces.

For me, our best play was Bissouma playing the ball to Gross and the backheel to Murray, subsequent opportunity he missed.

Aside from that moment, I just felt that there was an air that we were never going to score. I also feel that led to Leicester feeling as if they could play it pedestrian and soak up the pressure.

We were good for a point or possibly more but had we got an equaliser, I feel Leicester would have adjusted tactics accordingly. I really could not see us going on the front foot in that given scenario.

I'm not agreeing with Wrighty, I just don't think control is an overstatement when yes we dominated, probably had the best chances but ultimately were never ahead (by goals).

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
We had good chances, on another day Murray would have easily buried two and we possibly could have had more from set pieces.

For me, our best play was Bissouma playing the ball to Gross and the backheel to Murray, subsequent opportunity he missed.

Aside from that moment, I just felt that there was an air that we were never going to score. I also feel that led to Leicester feeling as if they could play it pedestrian and soak up the pressure.

We were good for a point or possibly more but had we got an equaliser, I feel Leicester would have adjusted tactics accordingly. I really could not see us going on the front foot in that given scenario.

I'm not agreeing with Wrighty, I just don't think control is an overstatement when yes we dominated, probably had the best chances but ultimately were never ahead (by goals).

Are you sure you watched the game?

Bissouma replaced Gross when he was injured.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
but when Garry asked about our relegation chances AS said at least we are still creating chances. So maybe AS did watch the highlights.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

A great moment between Bissouma and Gross, was that in the warm up :smile:

If we’d done what Leicester did, get a goal, sit back, look like conceding, get a goal on the break, concede, then sit back again, we’d be awash with accusations of negativity, being too defensive, letting them come onto us. In this case Leicester controlled the game. I suppose we controlled the game at home to Wolves too!? :shrug:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

You obviously missed the 50 yard raking pass from El-Abd to set up Locadia.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
A great moment between Bissouma and Gross, was that in the warm up :smile:

If we’d done what Leicester did, get a goal, sit back, look like conceding, get a goal on the break, concede, then sit back again, we’d be awash with accusations of negativity, being too defensive, letting them come onto us. In this case Leicester controlled the game. I suppose we controlled the game at home to Wolves too!? :shrug:

Sounds like a Burnley game-plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here