Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Change of luck

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well, I think after the last few games, we need a change of luck, so, I’ve decided that desperate times call for desperate measures.
I have decided that I will not be wearing my ‘lucky’ Albion scarf to any more games. It had its last outing at Leicester last night, and quite honestly, it let me, the club, and my fellow supporters down. In the past it has been forgiven for Boro going up instead of us, the MASSIVE play-off game,even the second half at Fulham this season but, enough is enough, I got it at Christmas of Sami’s season, and it’s fir game was the draw with Reading, the second, the unforgettable 2-0 win at Craven Cottage, it was then a regular fixture until this Saturday.
It’s with a heavy heart that I am taking this drastic action, but, the Watford game, where Foster played the game of his life, Stuart Attwells doppelgänger standing in as ref against Burnley, it must have been his double cos no real referee could ever be that bad, and Murray’s tribute to Leos penalty from 5 yards out, last night,my ex ‘ lucky’ scarf will now be confined to the old hat, scarf, and coat graveyard of the cupboard under the stairs.

RIP Lucky Scarf.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thank God for that.

That’s quite the penance you’ve racked up though...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I’ve had my lucky scarf since 1967. My old Mum knitted it and it’s still got my name stitched in. It wasn’t very lucky in the 90’s though so I swopped it for a Skint scarf. This has been relatively lucky, but now seeing this thread is making me doubt it. I didn’t take it to Leicester last night so maybe it’s been lucky all the time.
Should I give PB some money for a shiny new one, or just go scarf naked? Or maybe go back to my 1967 edition?
Life can be so confusing sometimes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fear not chaps. I am bringing my son to the Amex for his first appearance of the season. He has seen the Albion 6 times and we've never lost. :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve had my lucky scarf since 1967. My old Mum knitted it and it’s still got my name stitched in. It wasn’t very lucky in the 90’s though so I swopped it for a Skint scarf. This has been relatively lucky, but now seeing this thread is making me doubt it. I didn’t take it to Leicester last night so maybe it’s been lucky all the time.
Should I give PB some money for a shiny new one, or just go scarf naked? Or maybe go back to my 1967 edition?
Life can be so confusing sometimes.

It is difficult. I warned my ex scarf on the journey up to Leicester yesterday, that it was drinking in the last chance saloon, and unless I saw a marked improvement in its performance it would be dropped to the coat pegs under the stairs.
It chose to ignore my threats and continued in the lacksidasical fashion that has become too familiar, this year.
It does grieve me to have to carry out my threat, we’ve had some great times together, but, I’m not Maurizio Sarri, and if you constantly under perform, or treat me with disrespect, you’re history.

A shame, but it left me no choice.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I may well be tempting fate but how about we change the format of the match day thread

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, I think after the last few games, we need a change of luck, so, I’ve decided that desperate times call for desperate measures.
I have decided that I will not be wearing my ‘lucky’ Albion scarf to any more games. It had its last outing at Leicester last night, and quite honestly, it let me, the club, and my fellow supporters down. In the past it has been forgiven for Boro going up instead of us, the MASSIVE play-off game,even the second half at Fulham this season but, enough is enough, I got it at Christmas of Sami’s season, and it’s fir game was the draw with Reading, the second, the unforgettable 2-0 win at Craven Cottage, it was then a regular fixture until this Saturday.
It’s with a heavy heart that I am taking this drastic action, but, the Watford game, where Foster played the game of his life, Stuart Attwells doppelgänger standing in as ref against Burnley, it must have been his double cos no real referee could ever be that bad, and Murray’s tribute to Leos penalty from 5 yards out, last night,my ex ‘ lucky’ scarf will now be confined to the old hat, scarf, and coat graveyard of the cupboard under the stairs.

RIP Lucky Scarf.

It's on your head if we lose.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here