Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves Away

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really don't understand why there is a website to just log a commitment to a game PRIOR to us formally committing to taking x number of seats. You give your fan number and it is agreed you will buy a ticket actually where the seat is not determined.

because the club need to decide which allocation to take. There are 3 options. The least financial risk would be the smallest but they are giving us the opportunity of taking more if the demand exists.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
because the club need to decide which allocation to take. There are 3 options. The least financial risk would be the smallest but they are giving us the opportunity of taking more if the demand exists.

Hi totally understand that what I was suggesting was that if they set up a web site prior to announcing sales they could elicit the level of support prior to ordering seats from the away club. Clearly it would have to be a commitment from the fan without knowing exactly where they would sit but that does not deter people travelling away (it annoys them yes) .Its not rocket science these days to do this and if this was done for home cup games it might prevent the drip feed of seats. only an idea

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seems strange that the club thinks we will not sell out a full allocation.
Easter Holiday, Saturday, 3pm and right in the middle of a relegation dog fight.

You've answered your own question in the second sentence. Many people go away over Easter, and our away form sucks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We may just initially be given a general reservation tomorrow, with no specific seat allocation, as it was at the start of this season for Watford and Liverpool.
We will not get 2200 to Wolves, well certainly not by 20 March - unless there is a special token being handed out guaranteeing a cup final ticket (those were the days!).

No its a specific seat along the touchline, so if we don't take the larger allocation and get moved it could well be another Chelsea situation unless someone has any other bright ideas

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
15 LP is a decent return for an away fixture. An extra incentive to buy tickets or not, hopefully more fans will be encouraged to buy one. I know I am, especially as I can avoid the travel disruption in London. I'm just bearing in mind finances with potential Cup ties and other League fixtures I want to see.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Really don't understand why there is a website to just log a commitment to a game PRIOR to us formally committing to taking x number of seats. You give your fan number and it is agreed you will buy a ticket actually where the seat is not determined.

England Fans do something like this for away games and regularly those that registered don't buy. Sometimes as high as 50%. It's meaningless because you get a lot of people register who think they "might go".

15 LP is a decent return for an away fixture.

Indeed, especially one that is relatively close. It was only 10 points last season.

Full list of loyalty points given this season (over and above home games):

Watford 5
Liverpool 5
Southampton (Cup) 15
Southampton 10
Man City 10
Newcastle 15
Everton 10
Cardiff 15
Huddersfield 15
Burnley 15
Bournemouth 5
West Ham 15
Bournemouth (Cup) 5
Man Utd 10
West Brom (Cup) 15
Fulham 5
West Brom (Cup R) 15
Derby (Cup) 15
Leicester 15
Palace 5
Millwall (Cup) 5
Wolves 15

The stand out oddity here for me is why only 10 were given for the Everton away game.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I would have gone via the Marlybone -Moor Street route anyway so no issues there - it's so much more civilised. Saturday evening spent in the glorious pubs of Birmingham is just the icing on the cake.

Agreed. I lived in Coventry until not long ago and I'm not really sure why people are bemoaning having to go via Marlyebone. Much nicer line than Euston and less busy than the crowded Virgin or snail-paced London Midlands/Northwestern trains. Chiltern's a much nicer train. Looks like I'll probably have plans Easter weekend but otherwise this would have really appealed to me.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
England Fans do something like this for away games and regularly those that registered don't buy. Sometimes as high as 50%. It's meaningless because you get a lot of people register who think they "might go".

Indeed, especially one that is relatively close. It was only 10 points last season.

Watford 5
Liverpool 5
Southampton (Cup) 15
Southampton 10
Man City 10
Newcastle 15
Everton 10
Cardiff 15
Huddersfield 15
Burnley 15
Bournemouth 5
West Ham 15
Bournemouth (Cup) 5
Man Utd 10
West Brom (Cup) 15
Fulham 5
West Brom (Cup R) 15
Derby (Cup) 15
Leicester 15
Palace 5
Millwall (Cup) 5
Wolves 15

The stand out oddity here for me is why only 10 were given for the Everton away game.

The stand out oddity for me was West Ham 15 points.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Works if you actually take it as a booking rather than just a 'would you like to' . Put it up 2 weeks before the club needs to tell away club how many seats and it will be pretty accurate. In someways they are actually doing that for Wolves game by saying you might move.

West ham 15 points surprised that was so high.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Agreed. I lived in Coventry until not long ago and I'm not really sure why people are bemoaning having to go via Marlyebone. Much nicer line than Euston and less busy than the crowded Virgin or snail-paced London Midlands/Northwestern trains. Chiltern's a much nicer train. Looks like I'll probably have plans Easter weekend but otherwise this would have really appealed to me.
They aren't going to be less busy when they are the only trains running, will be lucky to get a seat!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
1,255 tickets (out of 2,200 allocation) still on sale this morning after the first LP tier sales yesterday so it would seem that the school holiday / Easter weekend / Euston train combination may have deterred a number of fans from going. This is now a great opportunity for all fans to attend an away game.

Keep buying everyone because the Albion announced that if 2,200 tickets are not sold by 20th March, a smaller allocation will be taken in the Stan Cullis Quandrant and hence the pitch-side Steve Bull stand, which we've currently been allocated (and which is better for away fans), will no longer be made available.

Should be a fun day out. We'll either be safe by then, and totally relaxed, or alternatively in a nail biting, nerve jangling late season PL survival fixture in which case we'll need all the support we can muster. It's the Albion way!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

On a day when no trains are coming out of Euston ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here