Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Keep Calm and Carry On

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I really despair at some of the pant wetting, negativity and anger towards Hughton and the team at the moment. We're currently in a dreadful run of form, make no mistake about it, but did anyone expect in the summer that we wouldn't go on a poor run of form at some point in the season? Fact is everyone in the bottom half will have or will do at some point. Newcastle have, West Ham have, Burnley have, Palace have, and now it's us. The quality and competitive nature of the lower echelons of this division mean it happens to all of the lower ranking sides, and that's what we are at the moment, we would do well to remember this is only our 2nd season at this level and for me you're not an established PL side (particularly given we're not one of the higher spenders on wages) until 3 seasons.

What we need now is to rally behind the players who are naturally low on confidence, cut them and Chris some slack and remember why we support this wonderful football club. We've got more than enough winnable games to get us out of this trough, and I'm very confident we will. We need cool heads and calmness, which is what Chris delivers rather than the hyperbole and negativity seemingly served up on this board at the moment.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
images.jpg

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I really despair at some of the pant wetting, negativity and anger towards Hughton and the team at the moment. We're currently in a dreadful run of form, make no mistake about it, but did anyone expect in the summer that we wouldn't go on a poor run of form at some point in the season? Fact is everyone in the bottom half will have or will do at some point. Newcastle have, West Ham have, Burnley have, Palace have, and now it's us. The quality and competitive nature of the lower echelons of this division mean it happens to all of the lower ranking sides, and that's what we are at the moment, we would do well to remember this is only our 2nd season at this level and for me you're not an established PL side (particularly given we're not one of the higher spenders on wages) until 3 seasons.

What we need now is to rally behind the players who are naturally low on confidence, cut them and Chris some slack and remember why we support this wonderful football club. We've got more than enough winnable games to get us out of this trough, and I'm very confident we will. We need cool heads and calmness, which is what Chris delivers rather than the hyperbole and negativity seemingly served up on this board at the moment.

Good points eloquently made! I think a lot of fans (me included) are also low on confidence but we will be lifted by our next win.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

We’re playing some great football currently but missing too many chances. That’s not Houghton’s / Hewton’s / Hughton’s fault.
Keep the Faith everyone. We payed crap to get three wins earlier in the season and we can play crap again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Get the hell out of here with your rational positive thinking!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I went along a cheered them on last night. I shall do the same again on Saturday and beyond. However, the option to point out shortcomings and areas for improvement should remain at all times.

Games like Wolves where we were guilty of daylight robbery should be part of the 'we are unlucky right now' and 'they will go in' mantra.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Class is permanent...

Certainly shows how well we had done in the previous 12 games too! Conversely shows how bad Newcastle, Burnley and Southampton had been, and could be again..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:thumbsup:

Its called support

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

well said sir. Mid table mediocrity, wheres the fun in that anyway :yawn:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here