Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Keep Calm and Carry On

12 Not allowed!
    I really despair at some of the pant wetting, negativity and anger towards Hughton and the team at the moment. We're currently in a dreadful run of form, make no mistake about it, but did anyone expect in the summer that we wouldn't go on a poor run of form at some point in the season? Fact is everyone in the bottom half will have or will do at some point. Newcastle have, West Ham have, Burnley have, Palace have, and now it's us. The quality and competitive nature of the lower echelons of this division mean it happens to all of the lower ranking sides, and that's what we are at the moment, we would do well to remember this is only our 2nd season at this level and for me you're not an established PL side (particularly given we're not one of the higher spenders on wages) until 3 seasons.

What we need now is to rally behind the players who are naturally low on confidence, cut them and Chris some slack and remember why we support this wonderful football club. We've got more than enough winnable games to get us out of this trough, and I'm very confident we will. We need cool heads and calmness, which is what Chris delivers rather than the hyperbole and negativity seemingly served up on this board at the moment.
    Winner with a capital W
    1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  images.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  8.7 KB
      Super Moderator

1 Not allowed!
      Class is permanent...
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Just Shut Up and Paddle Saladpack Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I really despair at some of the pant wetting, negativity and anger towards Hughton and the team at the moment. We're currently in a dreadful run of form, make no mistake about it, but did anyone expect in the summer that we wouldn't go on a poor run of form at some point in the season? Fact is everyone in the bottom half will have or will do at some point. Newcastle have, West Ham have, Burnley have, Palace have, and now it's us. The quality and competitive nature of the lower echelons of this division mean it happens to all of the lower ranking sides, and that's what we are at the moment, we would do well to remember this is only our 2nd season at this level and for me you're not an established PL side (particularly given we're not one of the higher spenders on wages) until 3 seasons.

What we need now is to rally behind the players who are naturally low on confidence, cut them and Chris some slack and remember why we support this wonderful football club. We've got more than enough winnable games to get us out of this trough, and I'm very confident we will. We need cool heads and calmness, which is what Chris delivers rather than the hyperbole and negativity seemingly served up on this board at the moment.
      Good points eloquently made! I think a lot of fans (me included) are also low on confidence but we will be lifted by our next win.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saladpack Seagull View Post
      Good points eloquently made! I think a lot of fans (me included) are also low on confidence but we will be lifted by our next win.
      Which we pray will be Saturday no matter what angle we’ve all been coming in from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

1 Not allowed!

We’re playing some great football currently but missing too many chances. That’s not Houghton’s / Hewton’s / Hughton’s fault.
      Keep the Faith everyone. We payed crap to get three wins earlier in the season and we can play crap again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!

Get the hell out of here with your rational positive thinking!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

0 Not allowed!
      I went along a cheered them on last night. I shall do the same again on Saturday and beyond. However, the option to point out shortcomings and areas for improvement should remain at all times.

Games like Wolves where we were guilty of daylight robbery should be part of the 'we are unlucky right now' and 'they will go in' mantra.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      Class is permanent...
      Certainly shows how well we had done in the previous 12 games too! Conversely shows how bad Newcastle, Burnley and Southampton had been, and could be again..
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Its called support