Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] fan ejected last night

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Some of us like going to away games but for various reasons cannot stand for 45 minutes at a time, or have small children so our enjoyment is ruined by not being able to see.
If only PB saw sense and arranged that those needing to sit could buy the first few rows and standers purchased from the back. Sorted and everyone is happy but of course this would openly condone standing so will never happen.

You will always get someone who's seat is in the middle/back and would refuse to move and will moan. Probably the reason why we don't have a proper singing section. It's a shame, we could get a real good atmosphere at the Amex but sound doesn't travel very well and we're all a bit segregated.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
On the last point, that’s what I’ve said about the NS. Even at the last game, a steward obsessed with targeting standers. Yes I know it’s a regulation, but other PL clubs are clearly turning a blind eye with no one hurt.

The chump with the glasses? No one ever takes any notice of him. If it is him the last game he ran to the other stewards for help who told him to sit down which amused us all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is this an "issue" though? My experience at away games is that wherever your seat is, as shown on the ticket, our seniors, the less able and those with young 'uns get themselves down the front with everybody else standing behind. Yes, if you try to sit in your allocated seat there may be an issue but I can't recall an away game - ever - where our fans were all in their allocated seats! (no doubt someone will be along soon to tell me there was an away game where everybody sat in their allocated seat!!)

National stadium in Cardiff for the playoff final?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester had a fan nicked for homophobia. Do they ever learn?

This doesn't surprise me at all, it was Leicester we were playing when Liz Costa said the homophobic abuse made her physically sick at a home game when she was on 5 Live discussing homophobia in football.

:nono:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Jesus we had 3300 there on a Tuesday night in Feb? That is amazing support if that is accurate.

No way were there north of 3,000 there last night.

Our allocation was 3,300 for the game and when I checked on Monday afternoon there were fewer than 50 tickets showing as remaining on the online site.

Exactly, 1 idiot amongst 3,300 supporters.

Not sure we took our full allocation, I was able to get a ticket on Monday without any problems. First PL away game, normally don't get a look in but happy to go along to this one, shame about the result.

We had just under half of the allocation. We had half of M2, all of M3 and half of M4. Our end wasn’t full either, probably just over 1200 I would guess at.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Is this an "issue" though? My experience at away games is that wherever your seat is, as shown on the ticket, our seniors, the less able and those with young 'uns get themselves down the front with everybody else standing behind. Yes, if you try to sit in your allocated seat there may be an issue but I can't recall an away game - ever - where our fans were all in their allocated seats! (no doubt someone will be along soon to tell me there was an away game where everybody sat in their allocated seat!!)

So what you are saying is... turn up early and nick someone elses seat at the front and refuse to move?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Propper's magestical follicle display probably got the better of him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This doesn't surprise me at all, it was Leicester we were playing when Liz Costa said the homophobic abuse made her physically sick at a home game when she was on 5 Live discussing homophobia in football.

:nono:
She’s obsessed she and the love crew were in front of me away at Forest I’m not sure she took any of the game in, spent 90 minutes moaning to stewards about the same subject.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was the Leicester “Slag in black” there last night?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
anyone singing too ugly to be gay chant is a bellend in my opinion.

Unoriginal now.

Good the first time only

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We had just under half of the allocation. We had half of M2, all of M3 and half of M4. Our end wasn’t full either, probably just over 1200 I would guess at.

A Leicester fan mate I met before the match said teams either took the 3,300 or 2,000. I suspect it was the latter, and we had just under 2,000.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While we're talking about fan behaviour, the pre-pubescent behind me calling Bong "a f***ing pineapple head" didn't cover himself in glory either.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The chump with the glasses? No one ever takes any notice of him. If it is him the last game he ran to the other stewards for help who told him to sit down which amused us all.

The guy who loves the sound of his own voice.

But I wondered if the overly officious club approach, together with the CCTV, meant that persistent NS standers ignoring Chump start facing threats.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Our allocation was 3,300 for the game and when I checked on Monday afternoon there were fewer than 50 tickets showing as remaining on the online site.

Clearly not at the game, no doubt based on this rubbish there will be 45,000 at the Amex on Saturday

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I understand that, I hate standing for 90 minutes too, as in my 50’s.

It’s the home matches I’m referring to, also. Why not unofficially allow the back of the NS to stand if they want?

row z in NS (so penultimate row) and never asked to sit (even though we have the aisle seats so would be prime targets for zealous stewards).

As far as I am aware the club do unofficially allow me and _and_son to stand because they have never asked us to sit. The people behind us have never complained and the social media office (window behind them ... I think it's social media) have their blinds down and most of the window is blocked by a banner so no one else to upset.

Who at the back of the NS has been told to sit this season? The steward has had words with people about standing on seats during goal celebrations and generally standing in the aisle but I haven't seen anyone asked to sit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
row z in NS (so penultimate row) and never asked to sit (even though we have the aisle seats so would be prime targets for zealous stewards).

As far as I am aware the club do unofficially allow me and _and_son to stand because they have never asked us to sit. The people behind us have never complained and the social media office (window behind them ... I think it's social media) have their blinds down and most of the window is blocked by a banner so no one else to upset.

Who at the back of the NS has been told to sit this season? The steward has had words with people about standing on seats during goal celebrations and generally standing in the aisle but I haven't seen anyone asked to sit.

My son sits in row Z, block D.

I never said in any post that people in the NS back rows have been asked to sit. Just chatting about the steward/s who keep tackling standing all the other rows. Why this persistence when there are clearly several other clubs more relaxed about it right down to row A e.g. Holmesdale End? The NS should IMO be allowed to be more raucous, noisy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When I arrived (missed first 20 mins due to traffic) there was a heavily refreshed Albion fan having a very loud discussion with some stewards on the concourse claiming that he it was just 'bantz' and he was misunderstood.

One dickhead is unfortunate though, all clubs have them. We did prove to have quite a few utter cockwombles who thought it chucklesome to come out with a dull and ignorant rendition of 'we pay your benefits' for some reason when we were 2-1 down. Clearly getting behind the team in the last 15 minutes was beyond them so they decided to display their clueless stupidity in song.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here