Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] fan ejected last night

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
If you were the kn*b who was ejected from the ground last night it was fully deserved and at your age should know better. It was a great example to set to the lad with you (your son?). All the steward did was ask you to sit down and you responded with several renditions of "you're too ugly to be gay" and also 2 fingers and the 2 fingers to your eyes gesture. I am surprised it took them that long to kick you out.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Not sure we took our full allocation, I was able to get a ticket on Monday without any problems. First PL away game, normally don't get a look in but happy to go along to this one, shame about the result.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is it this?

620b58db8e042730020c24393f0be1c7.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jesus we had 3300 there on a Tuesday night in Feb? That is amazing support if that is accurate.

Our allocation was 3,300 for the game and when I checked on Monday afternoon there were fewer than 50 tickets showing as remaining on the online site.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you were the kn*b who was ejected from the ground last night it was fully deserved and at your age should know better. It was a great example to set to the lad with you (your son?). All the steward did was ask you to sit down and you responded with several renditions of "you're too ugly to be gay" and also 2 fingers and the 2 fingers to your eyes gesture. I am surprised it took them that long to kick you out.

Leicester had a fan nicked for homophobia. Do they ever learn?

Two football teams have an idiot each posing as a fan, out of thousands present.

for fans. Who knew?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think the point may be that, in order to get to the game the 'fan' must have gone to at least a few games to be able to obtain a ticket, yes I know it didn't sell out. Either way, good chance that a few seconds of loosing his cool will get him banned by PB for a few years.
Mind you, why was he being told to sit down, everyone including the home fans, were stood up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the point may be that, in order to get to the game the 'fan' must have gone to at least a few games to be able to obtain a ticket, yes I know it didn't sell out. Either way, good chance that a few seconds of loosing his cool will get him banned by PB for a few years.
Mind you, why was he being told to sit down, everyone including the home fans, were stood up.

On the last point, that’s what I’ve said about the NS. Even at the last game, a steward obsessed with targeting standers. Yes I know it’s a regulation, but other PL clubs are clearly turning a blind eye with no one hurt.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
On the last point, that’s what I’ve said about the NS. Even at the last game, a steward obsessed with targeting standers. Yes I know it’s a regulation, but other PL clubs are clearly turning a blind eye with no one hurt.

Some of us like going to away games but for various reasons cannot stand for 45 minutes at a time, or have small children so our enjoyment is ruined by not being able to see.
If only PB saw sense and arranged that those needing to sit could buy the first few rows and standers purchased from the back. Sorted and everyone is happy but of course this would openly condone standing so will never happen.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Some of us like going to away games but for various reasons cannot stand for 45 minutes at a time, or have small children so our enjoyment is ruined by not being able to see.
If only PB saw sense and arranged that those needing to sit could buy the first few rows and standers purchased from the back. Sorted and everyone is happy but of course this would openly condone standing so will never happen.

Is this an "issue" though? My experience at away games is that wherever your seat is, as shown on the ticket, our seniors, the less able and those with young 'uns get themselves down the front with everybody else standing behind. Yes, if you try to sit in your allocated seat there may be an issue but I can't recall an away game - ever - where our fans were all in their allocated seats! (no doubt someone will be along soon to tell me there was an away game where everybody sat in their allocated seat!!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I understand that, I hate standing for 90 minutes too, as in my 50’s.

It’s the home matches I’m referring to, also. Why not unofficially allow the back of the NS to stand if they want?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Credit where it's due, after the first few years where standing was rigorously, and sometimes unnecessarily aggressively, enforced, recent experience is that the stewards have been told (or have just given up) enforcing sitting down. Our section of the NS is very sensibly stewarded now. Problem our block has is that at HT a number of fans, who don't have seats in our block, turn up and stand in the aisle - but everybody just squidges up if a steward spots it and comes on the prowl.

Sounds like you are just unlucky in having a jobsworth stewarding your block.

ETA (having seen your most recent post) that the back six rows of the NS have always been permitted to stand. It is just more relaxed now for those standing further down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here