Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crying over football/sport

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I did shed a tear after the Wigan game.

Partly because we got promoted and partly because it was my last game before moving away and so I knew my last time at the Amex for months, if not longer (I've only been to one game there since).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah. Moist eyes and a lump in the throat - many times. Full-on crying over football - never

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
As my Daughter said as we walked across the pitch that night, "Dad, I think you have something in you eye". A grown man sobbing his heart out in front of his kid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I cried when the Amex opened and we played our first league game. After all the demonstrations, posting postcards, sending flowers, delivering leaflets for the Seagulls Party, sit ins at Wycombe, buying dvds of attila, and sitting in atrocious weather at Withdean, we'd finally come home.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I cried when the Amex opened and we played our first league game. After all the demonstrations, posting postcards, sending flowers, delivering leaflets for the Seagulls Party, sit ins at Wycombe, buying dvds of attila, and sitting in atrocious weather at Withdean, we'd finally come home.
Yes that was my feeling now I’ve never felt so distant from the club, they literally don’t give a shit about any of us fans from the old days and would happily replace us all with newbie families spending £100 a game.

An old saying never knock those who supported you on the way up because your definitely going to need them on the way down. And then Barber stepped in....

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I cried at the opening game at the Amex and many around me did too!

I also cried at my last game (the last game in the Championship on 30th April 2017) before moving Downunder and got a massive hug from Peter Ward:bowdown:

Rest assured I will cry at my first game in the Premier League when I manage to get there later this year:cry:

I will sure as hell cry if my next game is in the Championship :nono::tantrum:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes but you’re a GIRL so are entitled to. But if you’re a MAN...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Football has made me get something in my eye 4 times.

FA Cup replay 1983
World Cup semi-final 1990
Last match at Goldstone
First match at Amex

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

The thing is, that's not really crying over football or sport. It's crying over years an years of hard work and stress finally coming to fruition. That's very different to people crying because their team has been relegated or has won the cup.

Roddy

Feb 14, 2005
Men let things build up - work/family/finances/footy - until the fookin flood barriers open. A good cry and a decent drunken night with your closest mates and you can reset - steel yourself and get on with carrying the load. Men and their ability/necessity to carry the universe on their shoulders is criminally underestimated.

Spot on, well said.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Nearly cried at the Goldstone in the 70s when I was busting for a leak at half time and saw how long the queue was (and obviously the smell of the Chicken Run bogs would make you cry anyway).

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
On MOTD last night the camera zoomed in on a Bournemouth fan CRYING because his tinpot mid-table team were 4-1 down, in a standard league game at Arsenal.

WTAF?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
On MOTD last night the camera zoomed in on a Bournemouth fan CRYING because his tinpot mid-table team were 4-1 down, in a standard league game at Arsenal.

WTAF?

Confess I laughed at the Havant and Waterlooville kid in the crowd on MOTD a few seasons ago when the Bindipping Victims beat them 4-2. What was he expecting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here