Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crying over football/sport

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Was listening to a bit of Talksport earlier(I know!) and heard Alan Brazil talking to David Seaman about a text message that he received from Rod Stewart yesterday, after Brendan Rodgers had walked away from Celtic. Said that Rod had cried after he found out. Amused me for some reason.

Made me wonder - If crying over things happening to a football team a person supports is more common than people realise? I guess this could involve other sports too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Was listening to a bit of Talksport earlier(I know!) and heard Alan Brazil talking to David Seaman about a text message that he received from Rod Stewart yesterday, after Brendan Rodgers had walked away from Celtic. Said that Rod had cried after he found out. Amused me for some reason.

Made me wonder - If crying over things happening to a football team a person supports is more common than people realise? I guess this could involve other sports too.

Rod Stewart was told John Barnes was coming back as manager :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I very nearly had a tear in my eye when Elliott Bennett scored that cracking goal at Walsall away

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I did shed a tear, when the whistle blew vs Wigan, just tried to savour it as much as possible.

The only other time (more of a lump in the throat) was when Gaza cried, just felt so sorry for him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I very nearly had a tear in my eye when Elliott Bennett scored that cracking goal at Walsall away

What. A. Goal. As well.

That and Pocognoli vs QPR two of my favourites.
Just a shame Lawrenson’s vs Wolves in the FA Cup wasn’t captured

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did shed a tear, when the whistle blew vs Wigan, just tried to savour it as much as possible.

The only other time (more of a lump in the throat) was when Gaza cried, just felt so sorry for him....

I was too busy charging a NS jobsworth who was trying to stop pitch invaders, whilst every up aisle had given up.

Yep, the England matches in 86, 90 and 96 led to great emotions. Thanks Bobby & El Tel.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not sure if this qualifies but if it wasn't for sport and the REMF........

I cried my eyes out when I stood on the wooden bridge at shoreham reading the comments made to the Shoreham air show disaster and what really set me off was seeing Jacob's picture and the messages left. I met him a few times through REMF and although I wouldn't have regarded him as a close friend, I regarded him as a mate. He was a lovely bloke and taken far too soon. I wept buckets that day.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I am not sure if this qualifies but if it wasn't for sport and the REMF........

I cried my eyes out when I stood on the wooden bridge at shoreham reading the comments made to the Shoreham air show disaster and what really set me off was seeing Jacob's picture and the messages left. I met him a few times through REMF and although I wouldn't have regarded him as a close friend, I regarded him as a mate. He was a lovely bloke and taken far too soon. I wept buckets that day.

It certainly counts. Fair play.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Closest I've been to crying was when AK scored and ran over to hold up the picture of his dad. That was a moment.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not ashamed to say that I had something in my eye when I first got to go to a game at the Amex (it was the 3-3 cracker v Leeds).

I eschewed a pint on the way in to go and find my seat and look at the pitch, and the view of the rest of the stadium. I wasn't expecting it, but it hit me like a train. This is actually our ground.

Then I went and got a pint after clearing the specks of dust that had obviously been making both of my eyes water.

As an aside, Brendan Rodgers, Rod Stewart, Alan Brazil and David Seamen connected in one post is superb. What a dinner party that would be.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been a bit emosh now and again, but never about the actual result of a match. More the montages, the Shoreham Air Show tribute and other things that are separate from the MAIN reason for being there in the first place.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I had a little something in my eye when Muzza hit the runs that won us the Championship in 2003. I opened a bottle of fizz and toasted my dad who first took me to the cricket. He was a regular supporter for 50+ years and would have been overjoyed at seeing Sussex win it - he died 11 years too soon for it.

That was an emotional day

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I've been a bit emosh now and again, but never about the actual result of a match. More the montages, the Shoreham Air Show tribute and other things that are separate from the MAIN reason for being there in the first place.

Exactly.

My eyes were moist at the Doncaster game, and during the celebrations after Wigan, and the only time I've CRIED at the Amex was stood on the pitch as one of the REMF team holding up Jacob's giant shirt, whilst the opera singer sand Abide With Me. Very grateful to have remembered sunglasses that day.

But over my team losing a game, or a manager or mercenary player moving on? No chance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here