Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Renewing for Next Season ??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Definitely. I also don't drink at the ground as I get the park and ride so have to drive home from mill road area.

Footy for me is a socialable affair, knowing everyone who stands around us. Really great social event and some of the football is certainly a distraction.

The only time I used to drink was at the goldstone walkable for me, and then gillingham coach travel. and withdean lift from the wife...

Unless you go with someone getting to and from on the busses tends to be a quiet affair as most people are faffing with their phones...me included!

Liking chatting and people, I’ve instigated the occasional Mill Road park n ride chat over the years, as the bendibus throws people violently around.

But everyone seems quiet and physically uncomfortable.

Coming back from the Burnley game, my iphone warned me that NSC had been compromised!!!! My guess is that someone sitting there, probably some techie brat, had used the bus company open wifi to try and gain access to phones where predictably some folk were using NSC.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely. I also don't drink at the ground as I get the park and ride so have to drive home from mill road area.

Footy for me is a socialable affair, knowing everyone who stands around us. Really great social event and some of the football is certainly a distraction.

The only time I used to drink was at the goldstone walkable for me, and then gillingham coach travel. and withdean lift from the wife...

Unless you go with someone getting to and from on the busses tends to be a quiet affair as most people are faffing with their phones...me included!

You needed to drink copious amounts when we were at Gillingham. The only good thing about those days was being able to park right outside the stadium, fecked the drinking though.

Oh and Gary Hart, Rod Thomas and Jeff Minton...on a good day. Not forgetting Richie “the bear” Barker’s first goal for us :clap:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Oh really? I grew up in Hove, have lived on and off in Brighton and my first child was born at the Royall Sussex. I've followed Albion since my Dad took me to my first game in 1952. I had a season ticket for years in the old South stand at the Goldstone and unhappily made the trek to Gillingham a few times. Too late now to change, even if I wanted to.

Through all that there surely have been plenty of disappointments but also some brilliant days. Trouble is, the brilliant days seem fewer to-day. Last year it was all about survival and guess what - that's gonna be the mantra again this season. And next? And the one after that? At some stage the game plan surely has to change?

Not sure what you'd expected to have happened when we have gone from a big fish in a small pond to being a small fish in a big pond so realistically, that was always going to be the case. not sure why anyone would think differently tbh

Things take time to build, the squad would have to go through a lot of changes, which will take a lot of time as you have to build upon what you already have. Other clubs who were promoted have had to drop back down and try to get back up again (sometimes several times) in order to build a squad that will hold it's own at this level, even if only for several seasons (ie, Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, West Brom, Wolves, Norwich, etc...) and most teams have had a lot longer than us to develop their squad to compete the way that you seemingly want us to be able to (by being more entertaining)

Yet we seem to have some who follow this club who want instant success and can't seem to understand that there is a massive difference in class of opposition between the Championship and the PL, so to expect the same level of attacking, entertaining football at this new level this soon after we've finally made it, is unrealistic

If we were to go down (btw - i'm confident we can stay up) isn't it better to enjoy this for what it is now, than be miserable and defeatist about it, because who is to say that we will ever reach this level again in our lifetime (ie you don't know you've had a good thing going until it's too late and it's gone) We are playing in one of the top divisions in the world, we are playing against some of the best players in the world and are holding our own (i know we are on a bad run, but it's likely to happen in this league with the way fixtures can work out, and we now have a lot more winnable games coming up against teams that do not have the same level of threat as the ones we have been playing so plenty of opportunity to get those points we need)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You needed to drink copious amounts when we were at Gillingham. The only good thing about those days was being able to park right outside the stadium, fecked the drinking though.

Oh and Gary Hart, Rod Thomas and Jeff Minton...on a good day. Not forgetting Richie “the bear” Barker’s first goal for us :clap:

Great days. Hahahaha

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Surely a vast majority, if not all, current season ticket holders were also holders when we were in the Championship so why would anyone cancel ?

probably the ones who,like me, make a 200+mile round trip for games, the thought of midweek games in the Championship might swing it for me.....#notallsupportersliveinBrighton/Sussex !

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I have been a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Withdean and now the AMEX and while i’m frustrated with our current performances, league position and travelling to many away games only to see us get dicked, there is a lot to be said for the enjoyment you get from being in the Championship if we were to go down - so not renewing is out of the question ! I’ll be there next season regardless but if we do go down then i’m certain i’ll enjoy a lot more successful away days and if it turns into a promotion campaign then all those plastics that haven’t renewed will suddenly be clambering for tickets again ! UTA

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
probably the ones who,like me, make a 200+mile round trip for games, the thought of midweek games in the Championship might swing it for me.....#notallsupportersliveinBrighton/Sussex !
That will be me and if we do go into the Championship we will be on Sky every other weekday but Saturday so I will keep the faith if it happens but if we stay there a further year I will bin the ST

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here