Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Renewing for Next Season ??

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I wonder how many are now dithering over the "Cancel Direct Debit" button after last night's result and how many more will be pushing it IF we lose on Saturday ( God forbid !!)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

twiggy666

Jan 3, 2019
As P***ed off as I am with our position, performance and manager, I’ll renew even if we do get relegated. We have to take the rough with the smooth. All the plastics will be the ones dithering about renewing, these are the same plastics who all of a sudden became BHA “fans” once we had our new stadium and then more so when we got promoted.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Surely a vast majority, if not all, current season ticket holders were also holders when we were in the Championship so why would anyone cancel ?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Not sure why people wouldn't, if we stay up another year of top flight football, if we go down we all know what a great league the Championship is. Big risk not to renew, once that seats gone you may never get another chance again. Unless finances are a part of it then that's fair enough..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In a similar position, PB’s mass produced letter to me, tells me I’m likely to get offer of a s/t as I’m so far down the list.

Currently I’m weighing it up for other reasons. Championship football would not deter me one bit, plenty of positives with that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only the glory hunter fans will and if they do **** them we don't need them

Whoever thought that supporting brighton was all about glory hunting needed their bumps felt. I have for 45+ years and one fa cup final, a couple of playoffs and lower league championships are all we have to show for it...oh and a couple of flirts with the top division. Wouldn't swap it for anything though.

Having said that as I said earlier, if the announcement in march at our place goes against us, then there will be a choice to be made of a ST or golf membership and golf will win out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Done so for the last 20 years, so why wouldn't I?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whoever thought that supporting brighton was all about glory hunting needed their bumps felt. I have for 45+ years and one fa cup final, a couple of playoffs and lower league championships are all we have to show for it...oh and a couple of flirts with the top division. Wouldn't swap it for anything though.

Having said that as I said earlier, if the announcement in march at our place goes against us, then there will be a choice to be made of a ST or golf membership and golf will win out.

Leaving you to still see individual games as a Bronze Member as and when you please. I currently do it, get in quick when they go sale, reasonable prices, works well.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Might be a few grumpies if we get turned over at the weekend :lolol:

article-2550019-1B20143200000578-796_634x429.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Would be gutted to get relegated (don't think we will), but the Championship is such a brilliant league to be in, but a bugger to get out of (the right way).

Not considering for a moment of cancelling.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

I guess I must have missed this but who is announcing what in March ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
One of the good things to come out of the 14/15 season was that it shook the tree a bit as far as season ticket holders were concerned: something like 3000 didn't renew on the basis of one poor season. According to Barber on on interview he did on the Albion Roar, these were the same fans that moaned when the loyalty points system was changed to account for having held season tickets for consecutive seasons.

Dissapointing as our recent run of form has been, at least it'll shake out a few more glory hunters and allow some of the thousands on the waiting list a chance to suport thier team every week.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We had one bad year in the championship , 1 good one, 2 very ones and and 2 excellent and one good premier season. We will get out of the issue this year so whats not to like. I always thought this year will be harder.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I guess I must have missed this but who is announcing what in March ?

PO's employer announcing some very fundamental changes to the business.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Not even crossing my mind to not renew. The only time I'd have to think about it is if I lost my job.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surely a vast majority, if not all, current season ticket holders were also holders when we were in the Championship so why would anyone cancel ?

I was a season ticket holder at the Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean and am now one at the Amex. I'm almost certainly going to cancel mine as I just can't afford it any more. I'm self-employed and work's getting harder to come by, so football's become a luxury.

It's nothing to do with form, I'd be doing it if we were in the top four.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here