Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Green kit last night

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I haven’t seen the stats, but I’m pretty sure that wearing a kit which blends in with the green pitch, and makes it harder for players to spot each other particularly in peripheral vision, reduces a team’s chances of winning by around 73%.

Fergie only allowed one half of football in that grey kit before he binned it- when will Chris Hughton stand up to his Club / Nike overlords and REFUSE to wear this IDIOTIC kit again?!?!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I haven’t seen the stats, but I’m pretty sure that wearing a kit which blends in with the green pitch, and makes it harder for players to spot each other particularly in peripheral vision, reduces a team’s chances of winning by around 73%.

Fergie only allowed one half of football in that grey kit before he binned it- when will Chris Hughton stand up to his Club / Nike overlords and REFUSE to wear this IDIOTIC kit again?!?!

Our possession stats were actually an improvement on the norm for an away game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

The background for the players is not green, they can see each other just fine.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why not the black socks? I like the kit with the black socks. My evening was ruined the minute I saw the green socks. Fuming!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wearing green didn’t make Murray play crap he managed that himself

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

So if a grey kit was binned because the Man U players couldn't see each other against the crowd in the back ground are we to assume that the majority of the Leicester City crowd were wearing green? Maybe they were in some bizarre homage to Brendan Rodgers' previous employers.

Is that why goalkeepers no longer wear the traditional green kit? Obviously for decades no outfield players could see their own, or the opposition, keeper!!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Everyone in the lower tiers needs to wear the same colours as the Huddersfield away strip on Saturday. This could mean survival.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's nothing to do with the kit; we're just a bit crap away. Being crap away includes the ability to finish as well as the more common inability to find a team mate with a simple pass.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Should never have ditched the all black kit from a few seasons ago IMHO, best away kit in recent years by a mile

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The ability allow let other teams score a goals at each away game.

That generally comes with the territory when you're passing to the opposition in midfield with your defence out of position looking to support the attacking options.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The green kit is so that overseas broadcasters (mainly NBC) can superimpose adverts onto the shirts during play.
Must admit that Tuesday it took me a good half an hour to remember we were in green, but that's probably just my age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here