Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Green kit last night

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know all this crap about away kits is about money (at least half the time they're not justified by a colour clash) but the green kit is awful. As for being a money-earner for the club, I really do wonder just how many (or should I say, how few) of the damn things have been sold

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If the green kit makes Locadia invisible,would anybody notice?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Conversely, if green made us harder to see - it would surely then mean the opposition would have trouble spotting us making darting runs hither and thither? ???

PS : I don't like the green it either though. It's pony.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As for being a money-earner for the club, I really do wonder just how many (or should I say, how few) of the damn things have been sold

Didn't Barber say they'd sold more of them than any other away kit ever? Or was that the previous one?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't Barber say they'd sold more of them than any other away kit ever? Or was that the previous one?

Don't think the club have done a "best-selling away kit ever" release since the Volt kit...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to PB it has outsold the yellow kit. As I have said many times I would like the white kit with blue edgjng a la Freddie Goodwin as our change strip, not that I would buy one.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There's a lot of research that certain coloured sports outfits give a marginal advantage over other colours. Some of this is psychological, though some is do to with visibility. From my playing days (for what they were worth), I just remember that so much about passing is more random than it looks from the stands, especially when you have to do it quickly without time to get your head up. All you really see is a coloured blur in your peripheral vision and you offload in the general direction.

I totally take the point that Premier League players would operate with less randomness than me. Though I think the basic principle still stands. A bolder, more noticeable colour would give a marginal advantage in that sort of quick passing situation. Which makes it worth doing.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The manager and the captain have a say in the kit choice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Away kits should be Black with flouro white v neck and thin flouro white stripe on the shorts , can’t remember who wore it but I thought it looked well hard and classy at the same time . Green ffs what numpty thought of that .

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The green kit is awful and I don't buy the argument about the players seeing it against the crowd and not the pitch. Seeing as the kit is worn from the neck downwards and the eyes are generally placed in the head, there is going to be a downward angle often resulting in the shirt being seen against the background of the pitch This is further exacerbated by the fact that the players in the centre of defence and midfield, who need to play those accurate passes to the wings and the channels, tend to be taller than the wingers who will be the recipients of those passes. Think Dunk passing to Isquerdo. The army obviously wear green to make themselves stand out to snipers (someone else point on this forum - but a good one).

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I haven’t seen the stats, but I’m pretty sure that wearing a kit which blends in with the green pitch, and makes it harder for players to spot each other particularly in peripheral vision, reduces a team’s chances of winning by around 73%.

Fergie only allowed one half of football in that grey kit before he binned it- when will Chris Hughton stand up to his Club / Nike overlords and REFUSE to wear this IDIOTIC kit again?!?!

I've wondered the same.

But then again, Mrs H pointed out that it should allow our front players to ghost around unnoticed, and it hasn't done that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I haven’t seen the stats, but I’m pretty sure that wearing a kit which blends in with the green pitch, and makes it harder for players to spot each other particularly in peripheral vision, reduces a team’s chances of winning by around 73%.

Fergie only allowed one half of football in that grey kit before he binned it- when will Chris Hughton stand up to his Club / Nike overlords and REFUSE to wear this IDIOTIC kit again?!?!

I was in the back row of the stand last night and had no trouble seeing the players in green. However it may be some of our players are colour blind as they confuse green and blue and therefore failed to pick players up!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Since football began in 1992, every single team that has ever won the Premier League has played in either red, or blue.

Neither Plymouth Argyle, Yeovil or Celtic have ever won the Premier League.

Prosecution rests.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The green kit is awful and I don't buy the argument about the players seeing it against the crowd and not the pitch. Seeing as the kit is worn from the neck downwards and the eyes are generally placed in the head, there is going to be a downward angle often resulting in the shirt being seen against the background of the pitch This is further exacerbated by the fact that the players in the centre of defence and midfield, who need to play those accurate passes to the wings and the channels, tend to be taller than the wingers who will be the recipients of those passes. Think Dunk passing to Isquerdo. The army obviously wear green to make themselves stand out to snipers (someone else point on this forum - but a good one).

One can sense this thread needs a mathematician to work out the angles of someone standing on one side of the pitch and how they can still see someone standing up on the other!

As for the army, you don't wear green and stand up if you are worried about snipers, you take cover and blend in!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here