Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Houghton in or out

Shall we get Chantelle in instead of Chris?

• Yes

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 199 74.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 49 18.3%

• Total voters

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Shall we get Chantelle in instead of Chris?

000013f59-chantelle_moving_on.jpg

You’re on the wrong thread pal. Nominative determinism is what you’re after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've been saying that since October. I wouldn't change anything until the end of the season, publically at least, it won't make enough difference either way, and CH deserves nothing less. but, and its a big but, business is bigger than personality. My personal opinion is CH is too nice to be a top level manager, you need to be a bit of a c**t, maybe a lot of one, to just get results and keep the revenue stream going, which is more important than nice football. Nice losers, that's us. And going down.

We created enough chances to get something out of the game, but it didn't happen for us.

Tony won't turn a disappointment into a full-blown crisis.

It's all about stability at this point in the season.

In.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
100% out, but in the summer, not now.

Think we’ll stay up due to Cardiff being awful and the other 2 being too far gone.

However we won’t improve with Hughton at the helm

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
If we stay up I would replace Hughton in the summer, I think we could do with someone with some fresh ideas and hopefully allow us to progress more in the future, I feel with our current playing style and tactics we will be treading forward every season until the inevitable happens.
If we go down I see no better manager to bring us back up than Hughton.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is bollox, I’m on my way home and 2 separate Leicester fans have complimented us on how good we were tonight, the better team. One said they’d played worse than us this season and lost, the other said with an in form goal scorer we’re a top 10 team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd keep him even if we go down.

If we do he will be the best man to get us back up again.

But if we survive I'd have a strong talk to him in the close season, we need to progress next season, not just survive.

Presumably the goal was to get more points than last season and finish higher in the table, in which case 14th and 41 points would represent success.

To do that we'll probably have to finish above Hudds, Fulham, Cardiff, Southampton, Burnley and one of Palace or Newcastle. It's doable - we'd have to beat Hudds, Cardiff, Newcastle, Southampton and draws vs Palace and Bournemouth. I don't see us getting much out of Spurs, Arsenal or City, maybe nick a point against Wolves?

That's why Saturday is the biggest game of the season so far. Win and we're on 30 points, Huddersfield will be dead. Importantly, it will get the pundits off our back as the whole football world is watching our slide down the table and our winless run continue.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Had this conversation the season we got promoted and everyone was singing his name.
He is by far the best manager we have had in years, if we go down we should stick with him.

Problem is with success grows greed! Newcastle and Norwich are not really any better off since they parted company, they thought they could attract better and should be higher up the table.

Reality people is we are not established and a top half of the table team (who gave us that right?), we had a good spell and everyone was feeling content, we are now in a period of realism... we need to make the Amex a fortress and win those home games.

Another thing anyone who has followed the Albion through the years will tell you we never do things the easy way and never win the games we should.

Hope you’ve got the nerve, Saturday will be fun!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What a bunch of stupid ****ing ***** wanting Houghton out. Who will we replace him with? Anyone who says fat Sam needs to be banned on this forum.
Some people need to remember this is only our second season in the Premier league. Another good performance tonight, at least we are creating chances just need to put them away. Keep the faith or **** off.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Expecting Brighton to NOT be in a relegation battle is madness. He's done a fine job of getting us promoted and keeping us up. This season it's the same objective as last, stay up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s a results business.

Leicester sacked their manager & in a far better position than this.

I reckon he has one game left. Don’t beat Huddersfield & he is a goner.

Can't see TB sacking him to be honest - at least not yet. He wouldn't even sack Sami as we were hurtling to L1

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had this conversation the season we got promoted and everyone was singing his name.
He is by far the best manager we have had in years, if we go down we should stick with him.

Problem is with success grows greed! Newcastle and Norwich are not really any better off since they parted company, they thought they could attract better and should be higher up the table.

Reality people is we are not established and a top half of the table team (who gave us that right?), we had a good spell and everyone was feeling content, we are now in a period of realism... we need to make the Amex a fortress and win those home games.

Another thing anyone who has followed the Albion through the years will tell you we never do things the easy way and never win the games we should.

Hope you’ve got the nerve, Saturday will be fun!

Plus loyalty still means something at classy clubs. CH helped deliver the 38 year dream.

We probably have a bottom 6 squad, so our position is not particularly surprising.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don’t care

I’m just really bored .

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I'd keep him even if we go down.

If we do he will be the best man to get us back up again.

But if we survive I'd have a strong talk to him in the close season, we need to progress next season, not just survive.

That’s right keep the manger that takes us down get lucky come back up and play the same dire football that took us down yeh right lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here